Indirect fire - blind firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect fire - blind firing?

Most sites I have been to have rules against blind firing; i.e, holding your gun round a corner and letting loose.

But a recent skirmish left me with a question. Suppose you're behind a generic barricade (fallen tree/flackboard/whatever), with a moscart launcher of some kind, say an M79 for arguments sake. You have enemies raining a fair bit of fire, from not to far away, onto your position, and you are pinned. You lean back, point you M79 into the air, aiming over the barricade, and let loose. The bbs fly over the barricade and onto your enemies heads, and you haven't broken cover.

Would you guys consider this blind firing? I don't think it is, because you are looking where you are shooting. It just so happens that your shot was well placed.

Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

'Aimed shots' (as opposed to 'blind fire') is fine in my book. Even if you aim the shots into air, with the intent to produce plastic rain; as long as you're aiming then it's fine.

The 'Beirut Unload' is not on though. That's just amateur - and quite dangerous.

Comment

Ze what?

Comment

Hmmm I think i'm with you on this. Because it isn't just a random blast round the corner and hope you hit something!

If what you say is done right, would be bloody brilliant haha

Comment

Just have to hope they take their hits!

Comment

I still think its quite dodgy, as you don't know if they have advanced on your position, between
            the time you ducked down and fired, they could end up with a M79 in their face.... my advice carry a small mirror.

Comment

I wouldn't think they'd deny getting rained upon by a moscart!! haha. At least I hope not..

Comment

SFS, I see your point, but surely you aren't going to be firing into someone's face, as you are firing over the barricade and can see where you are firing. Thus,

If they are behind the barricade, opposite side of you, the bbs will go over them.

If their face is in you sights, you won't fire (plus they'll be standing up in front of you so your teammates should be able to deal with them!).

And you'll be surprised how many people deny hits from a moscart. they aren't that powerful.
                Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 10 June, 2009, 20:30. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Nearly happend to me I stuck my head over a barricade to find a guy crouched down with his AEG pointing up, thats what I meant they could have poked their head over as you fired owwww
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 June, 2009, 23:29.

Comment

Ooooo, ow indeed. Fair point, perhaps a spotter would be useful.

Comment

Ahh fair enough, don't know myself - have yet to be clouted by one!

Comment

Gotta remember that in some unlikely circumstances people's glasses fall off. Last game this happened to someone, luckily everyone saw and ceasefire was called.

Comment

in the case highlighted at the start I would say that is perfectly acceptable to me, you are using (to a certain extent) the range of your BB's to behave in a mortor like fashion. I call it Lobbing my shots (dont know if its a correct term but its what i call it) aiming above the person to make a arc, so you are allowing great distance to you bb

A good tactic with the m79 though! :D
                          You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

what about covering fire? or you just poke your gun around and start firing in an attempt to make the opfor duck so your man can run to another position? this is like, blind covering fire.. ?

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Again definitions are needed to help answer this question. Technically any form of covering fire is unaimed (as by firing over the heads of an enemy to keep them pinned doesn't require an aim, rather just a general area to lay down fire into/onto. Technically firing without aiming is the same thing but in practice it is slightly different because of the nature of airsoft(ing).

Either way, firing without really looking down the length of the weapon and just wildly firing is the stuff of untrained amateurs because even in airsoft it takes some testes to keep your weapon aimed while rounds are coming in at you, it's just a shame many people aren't brave enough to keep their head up and return accurate fire back and reduce the chances of those initial rounds coming in hitting them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                              Working...
                              X