Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
    ...or you just poke your gun around and start firing in an attempt to make the opfor duck so your man can run to another position? this is like, blind covering fire.. ?
    What if someone was coming up towards the corner and then got a face-full of BBs at point blank range? If that happened to me, they'd get a shoeing. Simple and plain.

Comment

The whole point of the blind fire rule is to...

a) Stop the sneaky ninjas getting a mouth full of pellets.
      b) Stop the lazy guys poking a barrel mag'd weapon over a wall, and doing a massive arc killing everyone, whilst presenting no target themselves.

Comment

doesnt matter how you are holding the gun or trying to fire it....

if you cannot see the person you are trying to fire at... then do not fire - simple as

then "john" or whoever stopped to unfog his glasses doesnt get eyes full of pain and blood
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

periscope! / spoter, i once faced a side using a dedicated spoter comunicating via comms and it was very efective.
          Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Originally posted by 7.62mm View Post
            Again definitions are needed to help answer this question. Technically any form of covering fire is unaimed (as by firing over the heads of an enemy to keep them pinned doesn't require an aim, rather just a general area to lay down fire into/onto. Technically firing without aiming is the same thing but in practice it is slightly different because of the nature of airsoft(ing).

Either way, firing without really looking down the length of the weapon and just wildly firing is the stuff of untrained amateurs because even in airsoft it takes some testes to keep your weapon aimed while rounds are coming in at you, it's just a shame many people aren't brave enough to keep their head up and return accurate fire back and reduce the chances of those initial rounds coming in hitting them.

You make good points there. I do completely disagree with people who just stick a gun round a corner and let rip. But this isn't really the same. Moscarts in airsoft are next to useless; you have to be in a fairly specific position to get an effective round out. So this becomes an alternative. TBH I can't see any difference between this and arcing the moscart anyway, this way you're just doing it in cover.

Just in case I wasn't clear, when I said "lean back and fire" I meant, "lie on your back a good three feet behind the cover, look down the barrel, and fire". And, this only applies to moscarts. Anyone who feels the need to arc an AEG needs to move up

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
              Anyone who feels the need to arc an AEG needs to move up
              As a sniper, you of all people should know that shooting the enemy whilst you are out of their range is great fun.

Besides, if you arc it right, you can get people behind cover :D

Comment

Tbh, if ur playing as insurgent or an untrained person i dont personally think that blind fire should be banned. i mean its not hard to find videos and pictures of Hamas, terry T and shia and Sunni militants in iraq shooting around corners. and as for saftey, if you are going to be shot, regardless where it is, its your fault if ur ot wearing enough protection (usually face masks are advised but not enforced).

Comment

Ever been shot on full auto in the face from 2 meters away? Thought not.....

Comment

Point for Jag!

Comment

And a portion of Kudos. As it has been said two or three times now, there is always the risk of someone being laced when they havn't got their face protection on. Because you wouldn't be looking you wouldn't know, which can end up with a whole load of problems.

Comment

Blind fire - Not looking at what your shooting.
                        Aimed shot - Any shot which is taken from a weapon you are trained on, despite wether you use the sights, fire from the hip, etc etc.

Blind firing is dangerous. I took a full auto blast to the face because the guy i used a moscat on got the hump when i peeked round the corner for a half second before firing in which time he didnt manage to get me. I missed, he didnt. I think theres a picture on facebook of my lip after it.

If in the situation described, you point your gun over to try and shoot at them, and dont look where your shooting, its blind firing. End of. You shouldnt of let yourself get into that position.

I also dont agree with people lacing bushes on full auto trying to hit somebody they think is in the bush. Thats dangerous, and people get the hump easily when they take a hi cap to the whole body.

Typical example of this whole thing was the weekend just gone at woodland. The trench and corrigated iron system at Hamburger Hill. The gun had his gun round the corner of the barricade, and was firing at us. He could see us through a different gap in the edge of the wood. Meaning he could hit us, but we couldnt hit him. Hardly sporting is it? We told him to stop blind firing, not realising he could see us. He then stuck just his face round the corner of the tree, and promptly got 2 rounds to the face from me. (he had full face protection on)

IRL, you shoot something that thin, it goes through and they get hit. My point is, people shouldnt use cover to blind fire from and play god. Its not the game.

My two pence worth. Do i win?

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                          If in the situation described, you point your gun over to try and shoot at them, and dont look where your shooting, its blind firing. End of. You shouldnt of let yourself get into that position.
                          But that wasn't the situation described .
                          You're lobbing the shot over the barricade from the floor, from 3 or 4 feet back. You are looking down your gun sights, just into the air.

This (hurrah for teh paint!):

Comment

TKOS, this has nothing to do with using the sights or not

blind firing refers to not being able to see the enemy... if you are arcing your shots over a fence you cannot see over.. then it is blind firing... the person on the other end could have stopped.. thinking he is safe behind the fence to unfog his glasses only to be blinded by raining bbs

EDIT... although i must admit the attention to detail in paint is very good
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Fair point, I suppose our definition of blind firing differs slightly. I am only against putting guns around corners that you can't see around. Shooing through slits in wood it OK to a degree, provided you can also see where your bbs are going.

Comment

I work at an indoor site and i always viewed blind firing to apply more in a CQB environment as the main danger is shooting either team mates who are close in front and you drill them in the back of the head or as mentionned earlier someone without eye protection on.

In this case i'd say it was fine as your projectile will travel a fair distance thereby elimintaing the danger of close range hitting. There is still the problem of possible friendly fire and im not sure what my opinion is about players who for whatever reason dont have eye protection on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X