Indirect fire - blind firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

i think the blind firing the OP and the thread are refering to are the .. point gun around corner without looking first.. type of blind firing

which is silly.. fair enough if you can see them, even if its just through a peep whole.. its not about how you shout them, just making sure they dont have their mouth at the end of your gun barrel before you shoot

... and nobody say anything sexual about that... or i will shoot you in the ass ... (covers face with shame)

a few times ive head stories of friendlies getting a burst in the face from their own team because the person fired before looking what was there.. painful as friendlies tend to be right next to you
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post

, just making sure they dont have their mouth at the end of your gun barrel before you shoot

HAHAHA! Fail point for you!

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
        The gunner had his gun round the corner of the barricade, and was firing at us. He could see us through a different gap in the edge of the wood.
        On the sites I play at, this is the interpretation of blind firing that is stressed. Most woodland barriers have small gaps in them. You can't be "hit" through these, but you also can't shoot through them. Looking through them and shooting the gun over the top is the no-go. To shoot, you have to show something of yourself as a target. I usually go prone and shoot left handed round the left side of barriers, to minimise the target.

Comment

Thats what i was getting at Fingers. Me and Paul were going nuts at this guy because he was firing his gun round the edge of the barricade and looking through a tiny hole somewhere along the barricade. We were having a go at him saying its not sportman like.

Comment

I've personally not got a problem looking through a hole, so long as the guy can see the end of barrel to the target. To me, it's almost like knocking him for finding damn good cover :p

Just have to flank him instead :D

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              Just have to flank him instead :D
              Exactly!

Comment

personally i think you should always give them a target to shoot at i play at a cqb site that is in a ww2 bunker.i get people all the time poking guns over under around things to get a shot on you while looking through a crack. It just isnt sporting if they layed on the floor with there body behind the weapon then i think thats fine in my books. my friend had his torch and red dot smashed because some one poked there gun round the corner and let rip without looking wither cases are not in my books.I play zero woodland so i dont know how woodland players feel but its a mager no no at the cqb site i play at always present a target

Comment

ive been on the recieving end of this myself!

walking down a corridior at UCAP someones lent out right in front of me and given me the good news with half of his hi cap straight in the neck!

Its dangerous and shouldnt be done.

producing rain is fine as most velocity is lost and you are unlikely to cop someone at close range.
                  Yeah though I walk in the valley in the shadow of death.
                  I shall fear NO evil.
                  For I am the biggest, baddest, meanest mother F***er in the vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by GGTIMMY View Post
                    Tbh, if ur playing as insurgent or an untrained person i dont personally think that blind fire should be banned. i mean its not hard to find videos and pictures of Hamas, terry T and shia and Sunni militants in iraq shooting around corners. and as for saftey, if you are going to be shot, regardless where it is, its your fault if ur ot wearing enough protection (usually face masks are advised but not enforced).
                    Airsoft is airsoft

Insurgents are real life

Just because of all people terry likes to go beirut stylee does not make it acceptable, their not a safety consciou lot are they, its dangerous regardless of wheather you playing an untrained force or not.

People shouldnt have to get yetiied up just for a skirmish. Most of us like to push forward as opposed to sit in a standoff. Im sorry but thats utterly invalid.
                    Good night.
                    Yeah though I walk in the valley in the shadow of death.
                    I shall fear NO evil.
                    For I am the biggest, baddest, meanest mother F***er in the vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                      I still think its quite dodgy, as you don't know if they have advanced on your position, between
                      the time you ducked down and fired, they could end up with a M79 in their face.... my advice carry a small mirror.

agreed with the mirror. You could even go with the saving private ryan trick, and "chewing gum" it to a mock knife :p
                      Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

My local operates this rule; "Don't fire your AEG unless you can -SEE- what you're shooting." That includes putting your AEG over / through a wooden barricade for instance and you looking through a small gap, so I don't agree with it being unsporting to (ab?)use cover in that way. *Disclaimer below* Now firing your weapon with the vague idea that 'they're over there somewhere!' is a scrubs way to play. Even if you're playing OPFOR, you're still an Airsofter. I don't think many people will care how hardcore milsim you are if you're playing dangerously.

TKOS - Your rain approach should be alright providing it was fired straight up in the air. But I'm sure you're aware that you'd lose quite a lot of your spread with the wind and surrounding trees etc :P

Disclaimer - I play at a site where I can trust the majority of other players. Any less honourable players are quickly shown the blacklist for the surrounding area. Take that how you will, but I appreciate that this may make my judgment biased
                        Does not speak moron.

Comment

Okay... ready to share a comment which could stir up a whole lot more fuss....

In reality, especially in a CQB environment, terrorist's/ Commando's aren't going to be bothered about blind firing... if it COULD take out a threat, they'll do it. How can someone "disallow" the whole blind firing process, because they say they'll stick to MILSIM or some sort of realistic environment, when the reality is it would probably happen!

[Now at our local site, it's disallowed, and I'd say for a very good reason too, but just thought I'd throw in that comment to see what people think about that concept]?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                            Nearly happend to me I stuck my head over a barricade to find a guy crouched down with his AEG pointing up, thats what I meant they could have poked their head over as you fired owwww
                            This happend to me @ Lydden Bunkers & it did hurt a lot ,but i was a bit green then ,wont doit again without a mask on thats for sure
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100054

Comment

Seems simple to me. It's all about eye protection. The only way you can tell someone's wearing any is to be able to see them before shooting.

It might not be realistic or whatever the arguement might be, but that's not the point. The point of the 'blind fire' rule is to protect our biggest vunerability - our eyes.

By 'eck did we learn nothing from Biker Grove?

Comment

@ Shogun, How about at woodland site's where there may be a lot of ferns ect, are you guy's seriously saying that if I stand up, fire at you then sit back down in the fern's out of site that you shouldn't be able to "blind fire" at the spot you know I am in simply because you cant see me?

I think it all comes down to common sense, knowing not to fire around a corner without looking or for that matter if you some how lose what ever eye protection you have then knowing to cover your face and call for a marshal.

Also @ Scifi and rich, why you are sticking your heads over barricades in the first place? This is just bad tactics and not very clever knowing there's a good chance someone could be on the other side waiting for you especially if your site has no minimum engagement distance, if you did get hit doing this you could hardly blame the other person.

@ Gaffa I really doubt you would get any half descent trained military unit blind firing, especially in a CQB environment.

Personally in the situation TKOS described (not one of the many "what if's") I cant see any real problems with it, personally I would rather lob a thermo baric over though

My feed back
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X