Indirect fire - blind firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

I'm fine with the issue of blind firing as well, obviously there's the issue f safety but if you put one or two rounds down around a corner at someone its hardly going to do them serious injury unless they're wearing glasses.

Last sunday i was shot twice at a distance of under a meter from around a corner, fine by me and good play by the opposition. Left me a mark but then again i did take the chance to go right up on thier position. If it hit me in the face it would be no different. However if he full-auto'd me round the corner then that would have been quite OTT. Also i like prev's idea of pushing/pulling people/people's weapons away from you and shooting them. Its hardly contact with aggressive intent although it is aggressive but then are'nt we shooting bits of plastic at each other anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
      Because in real life you're actively trying to kill people, were as in airsoft you tend to want to avoid injury as much as possible.

Honestly, that's as retarded as saying "they use bullets in real life, why not in airsoft?"
      How is that comment retarded. Would you play airsoft if the RIF's looked like paintball markers? Im sure you try and use real life tactics in airsoft?? Isnt the point in airsoft, to take out the other team "simulate killing"??
      TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
      Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
      Maruzen APS Type 96
      TM P226, Tac Master .
      WE SCAR + VFC UGL
      KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
        Last sunday i was shot twice at a distance of under a meter from around a corner, fine by me and good play by the opposition. Left me a mark but then again i did take the chance to go right up on thier position. If it hit me in the face it would be no different. However if he full-auto'd me round the corner then that would have been quite OTT. Also i like prev's idea of pushing/pulling people/people's weapons away from you and shooting them. Its hardly contact with aggressive intent although it is aggressive but then are'nt we shooting bits of plastic at each other anyway?
        Well said Barney. I got shot by someone who could see me but couldnt get a decent shot so he held his mp5 above his head and shot me in the back twice. No problem with that at all.
        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
        Maruzen APS Type 96
        TM P226, Tac Master .
        WE SCAR + VFC UGL

Comment

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
          I'm fine with the issue of blind firing as well, obviously there's the issue f safety but if you put one or two rounds down around a corner at someone its hardly going to do them serious injury unless they're wearing glasses.

which 90odd% of airsofters do.

one site ive been to (which was also a paintball site), in the safety brief, shot a paintball from about 5m away, which proceeded to explode and splatter everywhere, and a paintball my friends, is tougher than the human eye. they also filled a thick plastic binliner with bark and full auto'd that, which shredded in a matter of seconds, and surprisingly, again, the binliner is as tough if not tougher than human skin.

i dont actually personally agree with the idea of opening up on someone at extremely close range, if you get close enough to them then why not use the "bang kill" rule, which my local site operates? (which for the record has only 1 injury thats AEG related in the 12 months its been open)

Originally posted by Prev View Post
          How is that comment retarded. Would you play airsoft if the RIF's looked like paintball markers? Im sure you try and use real life tactics in airsoft?? Isnt the point in airsoft, to take out the other team "simulate killing"??
          yeah. you hit the nail on the head there... "SIMULATE", take laser quest for example, thats simulated killing also but with no physical contact whatsoever by humans or projectiles.
          and concerning real tactics, i dont know about anyone else but id be severely annoyed if id tactically assaulted a bunker or flanked the enemy, to then by taken out at close range by a wimp who darent put himself in a position to be shot.

and as far as the aggressive/pushing/pulling is concerned, why not do a few pistol whips while ur at it? or even better, crack them round the head with ur gun so you can capture them? maybe even a sleeper hold if you're a sneaky sniper?

its a game at the end of the day fellas, and a game of trust and honour at that.
          i wouldnt like to skirmish at a site where i couldnt trust any of the guys to not be stood round a corner or barricade with the flash hider of their gun 3inches or so away from where my head/face/eyes/mouth/etc will be when i go round. would more than likely take more than a shout of "HIT", "medic" and the count of 10 to sort that one, for both parties concerned.

final word: blind firing is for pussys. man up!
          Last edited by bradnandy; 23 June, 2009, 19:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
            Aggressive physical contact?? Im pulling someone round a corner. Not punching them in the face. I dont do surrenders due to the fact, that person might not take it and shoot me. At least if I shoot them then I know there is no chance of them shooting me. I pull them in to view as if I shove my gun round im as bad as them. If I run round im more likely going to get shot. No one on site has complained as most people on my local site know me and know I mean no harm. If I can ill take the shot on someones arm with out the need to pull them in to view then I will.
            Do you a deal, if you ever do that to me I'll remind you of this comment just before I grab your arm, lock it back on the joint and hold you in a highly painful position while I decide if I should have you prosecuted for assault or not. You give permission for people to shoot BBs at you, not to grab you. Do that to me on the street and I'll leave you in a world of pain and have you done for it!
            sigpic

Comment

I think peeps need to calm down a little and remain on topic. Cleary the post by Prev has caused some upset. Rather than resorting to threats or "i'm just telling you" etc etc, if their is any activity on any airsoft site deemed as unsafe or unaceptable then the Marshalls/Site owners and players will most certainly raise it as a concern.

Back on topic. Blind firing isnt used on any sites I go to. If i did plan on starting my own site I would apply the same rule, their is too much chance of somebody being shot at point blank range... whether care is taken or not.
              You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

Basically, if you don't/can't watch the BB go down it's entire, or most of, it's flight path, you shouldn't realllly be doing it.
                TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                Tokyo Marui P90
                HFC M9 Special Forces
                KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Remember though that there is a differene between 'indirect fire' and 'blind' fire. Definitions are essential to avoid confusion and misinformation.

Comment

I assume that indirect fire is actually targetted though. So you know exactly where you are shooting.

Just to clear up, I'd say that pointing a gun round a corner and shooting isn't on really. However, say you're behind a baracade which you can see through - a small hole or something - and then you stick your gun over the top and watch where the pellets go etc. that's fine as you can see what's going on.
                    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                    Tokyo Marui P90
                    HFC M9 Special Forces
                    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

this is the same as firing a gun to your side while glancing the other way. (Please notice the word glancing Walters, try firing two pistols in two different directions while moving!) Not blind firing just going for a lucky shot. Your not putting people in danger of stabbing a gun barrel into their face and jamming bbs into their corneas! Nor are you going to clothesline someone with a sniper rilfe. I see no problem with that, however I can see why people would disagree as it may be overrused by people. IE "Hey I got a moscart, lets fire bbs into the air randomly until someone is hit!" Would be something I would be afraid of. It ruins the game as there is no tactical element. How fun would it be if you knew the other team basically had a mortar? I realise I have posed both sides of this query but I feel it does express some of your concerns.
                      Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                        Do you a deal, if you ever do that to me I'll remind you of this comment just before I grab your arm, lock it back on the joint and hold you in a highly painful position while I decide if I should have you prosecuted for assault or not. You give permission for people to shoot BBs at you, not to grab you. Do that to me on the street and I'll leave you in a world of pain and have you done for it!
                        That would be totally acceptable. If a random came up to me and grabbed my arm to get a better shot on me I wouldnt care. But thats me, ive been playing airsoft for 12 years back when I first started airsoft was unheard of, so it was just a bunch of friends having a laugh, so stuff like that happened.
                        Its at my local site and the few times ive done it, its have been on people I know. Where I play its a close nit group. Ive had an instance were I sneaked up behind one of my friends to surrender him and he proceeded to turn around lightning quick pin my arm againist a wall and then shoot me. We both laughed and I went and did dead time. Im not going to walk up to some stranger at a site and pin him down that would be well out of order.
                        The question was asked what do we think of blind firing. I gave an example of how I get round it at my local site. If you dont like it then thats fine. I wouldnt dare do it another site as I respect site rules. Im sure there is rules at my site against it but as we all get on its a laugh. Something to talk about after the game has ended.

The question about bang kills. At the site I play at its your choice. You dont have to take it. If your feeling lucky then you can try and shoot them before they shoot you. Plus to surreneder you have to be pretty much on top of them.

Anyway back on topic. Blind firing.

As ive said, if people want to do it then I say crack on. If i get hit by someone blind firing then fair play. Inside the bunker its fine, its single shot and due to the corners being slightly curved there 9/10 going to miss.
                        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                        Maruzen APS Type 96
                        TM P226, Tac Master .
                        WE SCAR + VFC UGL

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                          Sounds like you would be apply more force than was applied to you. Sadly you would be the one who would end up getting done.

Comment

Originally posted by richard murray View Post
                            Sounds like you would be apply more force than was applied to you. Sadly you would be the one who would end up getting done.
                            Going off topic here, besideds it is likely that they would both be sent off site.

Blind fire in woodland areas is down to sportsmanship in my opinion, I dont do it myself but I have seen the odd gun poking over a barricade.

Maybe everyone should use lo/mid caps so blind fire would come at a tactical premium :P
                            Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

Blind fire is a NO NO FULL STOP!

TKOS You've seen the enemy your aiming for 50ft away - what about the one sneaky git who is the other side if the baracade you had now idea was there? This happens a lot - infact I used to get a lot of kills being that sneaky.

If you can't see your enemy when you pull the trigger then you are blind firing. If I saw you doing that at my local site I'd have words with you.

As for shooting over a baracde while looking through a gap - No same process applies - you can't see everything happening around you & therefore can be putting people at risk. Yes there are videos of poorly trained people blind firing in real life. In real life if I get shot in the head I'll be dead. This is Airsoft - If you get shot in the face by a idiot blind firing - he can have the dental bills - the court summons to explain why he acted dangerously & caused someone blindness?

Prev - I give consent to people shooting at me with little balls of plastic. Grabbing people like that is a no no & you shouldn't do it. We give consent to assault with the plastic balls not for physical contact. If you really like playing like that I suggest you take up rugby.
                              I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Tallbloke as ive said, I wouldnt come to another site and do it. I have done it only a few times and its been to people I know. In my eyes and my mates its not assualt it just makes it a bit more fun and stops people shooting round corners. One of my mates rugby tackled me when I ran off with there flag. Its a laugh, its what I do airsoft for, to have a laugh.

Battletec are strict on what's allowed and whats not. Physical and verbal abuse is a big no no. If its between a bunch of mates then no harm done. Thats why we only do it between mates.
                                We do private games once a month on a Wednesday night, now if any of you wanted to come to a hard fought but have a great laugh then more than welcome. (If you can get over) Then you will see that its not agressive.
                                If you've seen my self or any of my mates from BT play you will know that we take the game seriously and play hard. But occasionally we have a laugh.
                                Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                                Maruzen APS Type 96
                                TM P226, Tac Master .
                                WE SCAR + VFC UGL

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X