This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is this legal

That's the law for you, it all comes down to how it is read. One comma in the right or wrong place can change the whole meaning!

The default position for many here is to errror on the side of caution. If the law is re-written because the government don't feel it serves what they were trying to do, it is back up in the air to how airsoft will come out of it. Although not ideal, most would seem to rather keep what we have now (Better the devil you know and all that!)

To my knowledge, no airsofter (regardless of membership, age etc) has been brought up for breaking the VCRA. Until that happens, it's all guess work to everybody. Us lot, shops, owners and even legal advisers - only a judge can decide what the VCRA means... rather than appears to say.

I don't think this should open the flood gates to under 18 sales - especially on here where really you know nothing of the person you sell to!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      That's the for you, it all comes down to how it is read. One comma in the right or wrong place can change the whole meaning!

The default position for many here is to errror on the side of caution. If the law is re-written because the government don't feel it serves what they were trying to do, it is back up in the air to how airsoft will come out of it. Although not ideal, most would seem to rather keep what we have now (Better the devil you know and all that!)

To my knowledge, no airsofter (regardless of membership, age etc) has been brought up for breaking the VCRA. Until that happens, it's all guess work to everybody. Us lot, shops, owners and even legal advisers - only a judge can decide what the VCRA means... rather than appears to say.
      I agree with you....

Is it a full moon

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Precisely. Suffice to say this law won't be any clearer unless some fool does get done for being an a**e with a RIF and a judge has to pull the seller before court to see how he got one in the first place. Only then will we actually see the VCRA being applied (in that judges eyes at least).

Hopefully it never comes to this. If only there was a judge on this forum too...
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
          Hopefully it never comes to this. If only there was a judge on this forum too...
          Mate...don't say that! You'll have them all coming out of the woodwork!

There are enough Psuedo-solicitors and business management, degree qualified, physicist keyring collectors on here as it is. The very last thing we need on this forum is a "Judge Judy" wannabe!
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I'm pretty sure in fact I'm certain that there have been incidents where replica weapons (RIFs) have caused armed response units out on call outs. Some have been broadcast on british TV. A young adult got clocked in Edinburgh with a RIF in his possession after coming out of a nightclub. He was prosecuted and given the minimum sentence. Not to be pedantic or patronizing to anyone but a RIF is any replica firearm not just airsoft weapons. "Any weapon where by it is impossible to distinguish between a real firearm" as ARUs state.

The law as it stands, is in the favor of the retailer. I very much doubt it will change again unless there is a serious offense where by a retailer sells to gang etc. Which won't happen.

Comment

Lol, no I wanna see the wig and everything before I remove my fingers from my ears and stop going "La, la, la, la..."

:D
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post

There are enough Psuedo-solicitors and business management, degree qualified, physicist keyring collectors on here as it is. The very last thing we need on this forum is a "Judge Judy" wannabe!
                Beats people telling each other UKARA is some law, and that we all need a licence

Comment

This is all going to end in tears and disappointment. Let's all just say it. We all like airsoft. We all like guns. Most of us like women and all are lawyers in our own right....

Now lets settle down over a cuppa' and talk about the old day's.

/Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post

I have a law degree...I would like to put myself forward for this prestigious role as Judge Judy!
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                      I have a law degree...I would like to put myself forward for this prestigious role as Judge Judy!
                      I will be conducting interviews for the role of "Forum Judge, Judy and executioner" in my quarters later on this evening...bring your own wig. (On the insistence of Mickydoos!!)
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Kinky bamf. Kinky

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger (with possibly a two-tone, illegally acquired IF?), blame that Mickydoos. He's the one that wants the wig!

Personally, I was going to take the online course. "Be your own Judge with Google" takes 5 minutes, which is far too long for some people's attention span on here.

Comment

I think I browsed passed that website... Didn't they have a "Be a lawyer in 5 easy steps" course as well?

Comment

It's VERY unlikely that online retailers will go down this route - It's far too open to abuse. This can only really work face to face, as in this particular case, so you can take off the tin-foil hats now...

Comment

The counsel for the defence rests M'Lud.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bricktop Find out more about bricktop
                                Working...
                                X