• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is this legal

-TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Here's a short video of what we'll probably all end up skirmishing with in the near future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6e3F...ayer_embedded#!
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

True, that or:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-ZmwATS8E
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6e3F...ayer_embedded#

Is that a Famas

Comment

I recall the Home Office stating in a meeting parents of young players with junior membership could buy RIFs for them,
            I recall when asked again they changed their stance?
            local trading standards is the best contact if in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by andre the giant View Post
              Just to point out that the kids in the video were running around with 2 tone high street purchases so an 18yrs or older adult would have had to buy them for the kids. You all are still trying to undermine the hard work that Tim has put in to this. And it's not the same as cigarettes or alcohol at all. RIF's don't kill. Cigarettes and alcohol do, you can remove an Airsoft gun from a persons hands , you would struggle to remove a pickled liver or a cancerous lung with the same ease.
              i meant the legal side of it sun shine. its the intent behind the purchase, why would they need a rif over an if and its not impossible for a rif to kill either, but when the taxi driver got held up in swansea do you think it ever crossed his mind when handing over his money that that kid couldn't have killed him with the rifle he was pointing at him.... i'm not by any means saying no one under the age of 18 should b allowed them if that was the case we'd have nothing to shoot at but there should be laws by where the parents should have to keep the guns locked away etc and there should be much harder penalties for the parents aswell as the child

Comment

[QUOTE=billybob9351;898292]i meant the legal side of it sun shine. its the intent behind the purchase, why would they need a rif over an if and its not impossible for a rif to kill either, but when the taxi driver got held up in swansea do you think it ever crossed his mind when handing over his money that that kid couldn't have killed him with the rifle he was pointing at him.... i'm not by any means saying no one under the age of 18 should b allowed them if that was the case we'd have nothing to shoot at but there should be laws by where the parents should have to keep the guns locked away etc and there should be much harder penalties for the parents aswell as the child

Are there any recorded incidents of death by Airsoft RIF??? Not talking about blank firers or other guns, we are addressing the ones that would be sold on site face to face. Please point me in the direction of the Airsoft fatality record. Where the gun beig fired has been directly attributed to the death of a person!!

I think a lot of you are forgetting how cheap you can buy a blank firing replica in a pub for, or how many real guns are used in crime and how cheap they can be obtained, more so than a fraudster itching to get one from a site face to face. I use real weapons abroad on a daily basis and the fact we use Airsoft weapons and they don't appear in the news every day is testament to how big this problem really is with regard to Airsoft! It's not big at all.

Comment

Deactivated guns are often cheaper than airsoft guns, just as unlikely to kill someone (unless you hit them with it, I suppose), and NOT covered by the VCRA.

Comment

I happen to know of a retailer who sells airsoft guns above our legal fps limit, without ukara classing them as air rifles. I even thought about purchasing a 2 joule mauser sniper from there, now from his quotes thats a 1000fps with a .2g bb.... Now the real steal barret fires at 1700fps, some hand guns fire under a 1000 fps and air rifles fire around 695 fps. What he's doing isn't illegal but its a loop hole in the law and if your going to say that even a .2g bb isn't going to have the velocity to kill point blanks at a 1000fps then you sir are wrong. I have had to take a head shot at 50m with my aw338 and it has broke the skin, my rifle shoots at 482fps so double that and see what it would do also in my career. I was shot at point blank range with an aeg by a friend i told him to stop twice he didn't so i returned fire he ended up having the pellet removed from his leg. I'm sure mate if a 11-17 year old shot all your front teeth out on the field you would be expecting him to pay your dental bill. But is that fair to ask at the end of it, you were the one running around with your mouth open. I think personally the vcra is a load of old bull it should have just been limited by age and every rif should have a registered cerial number after all 9 times out of 10 a gun used in crime is recovered by the police so there fore it can be traced. Just another way for the government to make more money out of us!

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                      I happen to know of a retailer who sells airsoft guns above our legal fps limit, without ukara classing them as air rifles.
                      It's an ACPO recommendation, not a "legal limit", and UKARA have nothing to do with classification.
                      Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                      Just another way for the government to make more money out of us!
                      Erm. how?
                      As for the Barret firing 1700fps: You can't seriously believe a .50 calibre FMJ bullet is comparable to a 0.2g BB...
                      For a start, the .50 BMG round fired by the Barret is more like 2800 to 3000 fps.
                      Bullet weights vary from 42g (not .42g) to 52g, with muzzle energies in the region of 17800 (17 THOUSAND 8 HUNDRED) to over 20000 joules...

Comment

Woah. I think you people are confusing the threat of a RIF between velocity and such and such and other crap. I can't think of any RIF or IF (considering they're THE SAME FUCKING THING) that could be marked the same velocity as a real firearm. While to a certain extent I agree with Billybob's post there are flaws. Equally if I wasn't a super uber realistic guy who hadn't been trained by cock of doody I would not (read I still don't know the difference between a RIF and a real weapon without holding it). The law should ultimately come down to "if a firearms officer can't tell the difference in PUBLIC it shouldn't be sold". I mean after all this VCRA crap pre 2004 You can still sell to a parent without a frakkin' legitimate reason to buy a RIF how backwards does this seem? I don't care if they're buying it for their son or daughter, justify the reason for a RIF between a IF (which without meeting certain prerequisites is legal) is viable?

Also.

My cod gun can spin and hit anyone I want without aiming. Trolol.

Edit: in seriousness I can't think of any incident where as an airsoft RIF (this is not what this is about) has caused death. But I know of several that were reported on (most of which were RIFS that have caused death of the owner. A Rif to reiterate is a Realistic Imitation Firearm that "cannot be identified between the real thing".

Sure enough if I marched into London or Gatwick with a .22 or .177 MP5K I'm sure I'd be gunned down.
                        Last edited by Sam-Beta; 4 December, 2011, 01:03.

Comment

Ok so this thread was questioning x-sites Junoir Membership, now that x-site have comfirmed this is all legal, why are people still moaning about it/questioning it ?
                          ( not to sound rude, i'am just curious )

Comment

• This thread is now boring please let's leave it to die or just put it out of it's misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              This thread is now boring please let's leave it to die or just put it out of it's misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I stopped properly reading it after X-site posted

Comment

I also stopped reading after Xsite posted, having spoken to 3 others who sat at home office meetings they seem pretty clear the home office are against it, but they concede it is Xsites' own risk to take with our hobby/defence, so short of complaiining to the bucks trading standards/consumer direct who may take action (doubtful) we'll have to see what if anything happens?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bricktop Find out more about bricktop
                                Working...
                                X