tw@t's on the field .. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

CODsofters. Nuff said. especially ones who talk like this becuase they think it's genuine military jargon: TANGO SUCKA! TACTICOOL HEADER... BAMBI!!
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Had a guy get the drop on me, sneak right up behind me and let rip with his UGL from 2 feet on my back and head. Needless to say I wasn't impressed and made sure he knew it. Guy was well known for being a tit at my local site but a few weeks ago a few guys reported him to the marshals for not taking his hits, haven't seen him since.
      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

I'm happy to say that I've rarely encountered the bottom feeders of the sport but one incident still rankles:

Me and a mate turned up to a welsh site a good few years ago (one of our regulars) and ended up defending a crossroads somewhere deep in the forest. Our team were dug in on one side, the enemy one the other.
        The two of us decided to loop round a good old distance to flank the enemy and managed to sneaky beaky back to the crossroads behind the enemy team. Approaching their rear, we spotted two guys (both site regulars) dug in and putting rounds towards our side so we moved in to about ten metres behind them. I had the guy on the right, my oppo had the guy on the left and we opened up simultaneously.
        My guy took his hit immediately. The second guy didn't. I watched my mate put a wee burst in followed by a longer one. The recipient started to turn at this point and bring his gat to bear on my mate. My mate emptied his (locap) mag and had time to transition to pistol and get off a couple of shots with that before the other guy shot him.
        I reasoned that the guy wasn't feeling his hits (he was wearing a vietnam-era flack jacket) so I aimed lower and put a good old burst into his thigh / crotch area. I saw him look across at me in surprise and register that there were two of us at which point he said (and these words will never leave me) "I think I'll take that"

Two things always surprise me about these sorts of threads: firstly, reading a post out of context some of our reactions seem totally disproportionate and fuelled by anger. My shooting him in the nethers at ten metres sounds like an angry response and probably overkill, but it was purely a rational escalation at the time, reasoned thus "shots landing on centre mass, not registered. hmm, body armour. Aim for less padded area - legs"
        The second thing is that these sort of posts do show the extreme knobbishness of some folk but the anger expressed is because our sport is generally so honourable that these things are rare and hence so worthy of note!
        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
        George Carlin

Comment

Was playing at a site in sheffield and a few instances come to mind, defending the entrance to a big room and my wingman is covering the other entrance (2 entrances on that side) a guy comes up through the room and i put 4 rounds from my pistol into him at like 5m range, doesnt take any of them and responds with the classic "Are you sure thats firing?" as he continues running into some cover

later me and the same wingman are sneaking through an office section running parallel to another big room, some guy goes past one of the windows into the room and my pal puts a round into him with his pistol (i'm in a doorway of the office bit and the enemy cant see me) the guy doesnt take the hit and they stand there for a few seconds while the guy mentions a few things "like yeah didnt feel a thing" etc. so i pop around the corner and put 2 tri bursts into him with my shotgun. He swiftly took that hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickona View Post
            wouldn't that be against whats meant to happen?
            That was the point o my story, yes

Comment

A lot of players seem to think it's the noobs/irregular codplayers that are the bad seeds but from my (admittedly little) experience it can be the opposite. The last skirmish I attended, I saw a noobie get hit in the back by friendly fire just as he was about to storm into a bunker, ruining his attempt and also giving away his position. Oh well, the guy who shot him was very embarrassed and they just had a smile and a laugh and he apologized profusely. About 15 mins later I'm in a squad and a similar event happens to an experienced player leading the way. Instead of the jovial banter and acceptance that I witnessed earlier, he flies off the rails and starts cursing/swearing at the poor chap who made the mistake (and who also was very apologetic).

The experienced player was setting a very bad example of how to deal with a simple mistake, whereas the new player was happy in dealing with it in a pleasant manner. Make no mistake, experienced players are often the most judgmental and/or temperamental players on the field!

Comment

Was playing last game at GZ urban. It was the kill house game and my team was attacking. I used my usual entry point, which is the side window, came through shot two enemy with my pistol one shot each, both take the hit and leave the building. I see movement to my left and fired without thinking. If I had been thinking I would have realised the body was coming through the back door into the kill house, meaning he cant be anything but a friendly.

To make matters worse he was actually part of my airsoft team, he wasnt happy
                sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Was on the field yesterday at my local site and we were coming towards the end of the game of attack and defend, (I was on defence) there were only about 5 of us left in the church and the entire enemy team were rushing towards us for the final kill - as you can imagine its a little desperate at this stage, so its a case of "Shoot as many as you can"
                  Anyway I saw 2 young lads running up to the building and opened fire full auto at the second in line and hit him with most of the shots (I could see them bouncing off his chest/arm/leg) - But as ive seen and noticed before, when running its hard to feel shots landing.

He then crouched down just outside the building with his back to me about 20ft away - gave him another burst full auto every shot hit him and im using .25 ammo, and he still didnt take it! - this made me REALLY angry so I moved closer to totally rinse him, but as I did so a guy just out side the window saw my hand and shot me - I'm ashamed of what I did next -

For some reason even though I DID feel the shot I was so focused on getting this bloody non-hit taking kid out, that I ignored it! Flicked to single shot leant out the window he was hiding beneath and poped 2 in his back from 1ft away - NOW he took his hit.
                  (this all happened in about 5 seconds)

It turned out that the kid I was shooting
                  Firstly: didn't feel the shots when he was running (as I thought - sometimes you just don't notice it),
                  Secondly: thought that when I rinsed his back, it was friendly fire,
                  Thirdly: thought that friendly fire didn't count.

All in all, the Tw@t on the field that day was ME - I cant believe I got angry in a game, ive always prided myself on NOT getting angry with those who don't take there hits and ALWAYS taking mine because at then end of the day - its just a game.
                  I apologised many times to the guy who shot me and volunteered to sit out for the next game because I cheated,
                  I also explained to the young lad (peacefully) that ANY shot counts even if its friendly fire and asked the marshal to change the morning breef to also point this out as we get alot of new kids come along each week who think the same way (i've seen it happen before).

My actions on this event were driven by anger but the actions of the young lad were driven by misinformation, so I could have totally emptied my drum mag at him and it still wouldn't have made a difference.

It ruined the rest of my day because I knew there was another guy on the field who will always think that im a cheater because of this one stupid mistake.

Im posting this so that if you find yourself totally incensed by that guy who's not taking his hits - you don't do what I did (there could be another reason than him cheating) - lesson learned.

Comment

Not been skirmishing for a while as I've been up to my balls in work (and why I haven't been on this site for ages) but I went to a game last March and this guy was being a right bell end. He kept calling for people to take their hits when he just wasn't hitting them because his AEG was way out of range (guess he thought having tones of Magpul on the outside of his gun made him shoot further). Worse thing was, he kept calling people "p@ki" and "n*gger". He wasn't using it as a racial slur, just a general pejorative (he was calling the white players that pissed him of this) but it was still uncomfortable to hear as there were some black and asian players. It's really not something our hobby wants to become associated with.
                    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                    Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by mrwarrr View Post
                      Was on the field yesterday at my local site and we were coming towards the end of the game of attack and defend, (I was on defence) there were only about 5 of us left in the church and the entire enemy team were rushing towards us for the final kill - as you can imagine its a little desperate at this stage, so its a case of "Shoot as many as you can"
                      Anyway I saw 2 young lads running up to the building and opened fire full auto at the second in line and hit him with most of the shots (I could see them bouncing off his chest/arm/leg) - But as ive seen and noticed before, when running its hard to feel shots landing.

He then crouched down just outside the building with his back to me about 20ft away - gave him another burst full auto every shot hit him and im using .25 ammo, and he still didnt take it! - this made me REALLY angry so I moved closer to totally rinse him, but as I did so a guy just out side the window saw my hand and shot me - I'm ashamed of what I did next -

For some reason even though I DID feel the shot I was so focused on getting this bloody non-hit taking kid out, that I ignored it! Flicked to single shot leant out the window he was hiding beneath and poped 2 in his back from 1ft away - NOW he took his hit.
                      (this all happened in about 5 seconds)

It turned out that the kid I was shooting
                      Firstly: didn't feel the shots when he was running (as I thought - sometimes you just don't notice it),
                      Secondly: thought that when I rinsed his back, it was friendly fire,
                      Thirdly: thought that friendly fire didn't count.

All in all, the Tw@t on the field that day was ME - I cant believe I got angry in a game, ive always prided myself on NOT getting angry with those who don't take there hits and ALWAYS taking mine because at then end of the day - its just a game.
                      I apologised many times to the guy who shot me and volunteered to sit out for the next game because I cheated,
                      I also explained to the young lad (peacefully) that ANY shot counts even if its friendly fire and asked the marshal to change the morning breef to also point this out as we get alot of new kids come along each week who think the same way (i've seen it happen before).

My actions on this event were driven by anger but the actions of the young lad were driven by misinformation, so I could have totally emptied my drum mag at him and it still wouldn't have made a difference.

It ruined the rest of my day because I knew there was another guy on the field who will always think that im a cheater because of this one stupid mistake.

Im posting this so that if you find yourself totally incensed by that guy who's not taking his hits - you don't do what I did (there could be another reason than him cheating) - lesson learned.
                      You came on here and admitted it..it was me that shot in the hand..many times.
                      I was angry that you played on because it gives newbies the wrong impression,but I pointed that out to you,I was abrupt with you,I was pi55ed off yes and as you rightly admitted you were wrong to do it especially when it turned out the newbie wasn't cheating on purpose,we always have top remind newbies on a regular basis that blue on blue counts..no worries done and dusted now.
                      On the same day in the kill house a rental ran around the corner fired twice I shot him and he started shouting that he'd hit me,he hadn't but I left the game to find him and advise him that nothing came out of his gun....I never found him though.
                      The reason isn't always obvious,it's too easy to jump to conclusions.
                      Last edited by snuff; 29 April, 2012, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                        Not been skirmishing for a while as I've been up to my balls in work (and why I haven't been on this site for ages) but I went to a game last March and this guy was being a right bell end. He kept calling for people to take their hits when he just wasn't hitting them because his AEG was way out of range (guess he thought having tones of Magpul on the outside of his gun made him shoot further). Worse thing was, he kept calling people "p@ki" and "n*gger". He wasn't using it as a racial slur, just a general pejorative (he was calling the white players that pissed him of this) but it was still uncomfortable to hear as there were some black and asian players. It's really not something our hobby wants to become associated with.
                        Why wasn't he removed from the site?as you say that isn't good for any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                          Why wasn't he removed from the site?as you say that isn't good for any sport.
                          That's the other thing that worried me, the Marshal really didn't seem to care. I know a lot of sites would at least give someone like that a talking to if not kick them off the site for using such language.
                          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                          Check out my other sales!

Comment

Kicked off the site? He could have been arrested if he'd been using that language on the street. Very poor form, the marshalls should have kicked him out after one warning. Completely unacceptable behaviour.

Comment

With that sort of language he shouldnt even get a warning just a big fat ban. Even if he isnt using the words to be racist it doesnt change the fact the words are racist. We've had enough of that in this country over the years! Anyway putting that aside there have been many a time Ive pointed out to a team mate that his AEG is falling short and therefore not hitting his intended target. I remeber reading an article in AI mag a while back which was all about thinking you might have hit someone when in fact, due to reaction times etc... You have missed.
                              sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Some years ago i encountered my one and only real twat. I have met some irritating people, but this guy took the biscuit.

It was at a GZ weekender so i am hoping he is on this forum and learns just how close he came...........

There was a firefight across a small valley and there was only soft cover by the way of long grasses and the like, it was jack in the box style of fire and movement on both sides. The inevitable call of noon hit taking came - sadly from a guy on my team. Innocence was protested and a full on argument ensued across the valley.

Everybody stood up, grounded or slung their weapons and it would appear everybody took a huge gulp of brave juice as all sorts of threats were issued (again, sadly from both teams)

To save the shouting, we moved onto their location and normal civilities had returned. In fact, they were an alright bunch. Then from about 15 meters away, their "sniper" (who had been involved from the start so knew what was going on) decided to shoot me in the forehead.

The blood was leaking down into my eyes but i had to leave my mask on as we were still in live play.

One of the blokes said "f*** me mate, isn't that your hot one?"

So, i was shot in the head during a discussion, at about half of the MED with a hot gun.

Mask came off (stupid, but i was raging), eyes wiped so i could find my victim, and he disappeared while his buddies tried to stop me from getting to him.

My actions were not entirely as pure as the driven snow and had i got him there may have been a lifetime ban from GZ for the pair of us.

(on the upside, one f buddies practically cuddled my face into his chest to try and save my eyesight from unwanted incoming.)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X