Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tw@t's on the field ..

Originally posted by Slava View Post
    This happened to me on Sunday. Thought it fit the thread title quite accurately.

Still not sure whether I handled it very well. What would you guys have done?
    well done you buddy, kept your cool
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Got the point across without being a dick about it, I doubt I would have kept my cool like that!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I admit i got a bit pissed off on sunday when i got hit while laying in the grass, put my arm up to indicate id been hit (and ive got long arms) and whoever had shot me continued to fire into my head and face
        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I was at a site (not going to mention the name because dont want to give it a bad wrap because of one idiot) anyway it was the last game of the day and erlier on these group of 4 lads who where just coming to try this site out had been complaining that everyone's guns where hot ect ect so someone whipped out the chrono and chrono everyone's gundi front of these lads, and of corse non where over so let's call this fella Craig he was the new one to this site normally plays in chesterfield ,we are in Nottinghamshire ,Craig ha a little bit of a happy trigger finger so carl one of the regulars was in the Wendy house being shot at by "Craig" he hit Carl so carl shouted hit , Craig continued to fire for a good 5-6 seconds while Carl was screaming hit, when he stopped Carl shouted "was there any fuc@ing need " Craig replyed with lots of abuse and shouting as did Carl , Carl did the wise move of walking away and hushing but Craig carried on shouting things until Carl replyedn, just fu*k off . The owner of the site who is a 60 year old man was trying to calm the situation down by beings between them . All of a sudden Craig, who was a big fella rammed throu the owner straight for Carl ran up to him pushed him ! Carl asked for someone to take his guns so he could proceed to knock the shit out of this dude or a least try :/ and because of this the everyone went home on a bad note , it's sad to see there are still tw@ts in the sport .

Comment

• Pains me to name and shame, but this was the worst I've ever encountered in 4 years of playing.

Playing Tier 1 this weekend, we were ISI, Pakistani Intelligence. We were inserted covertly, purely to watch, and see what happened. As Stanta is too tight to simply watch the whole time unseen, we decided the best bet was to mingle with the Taliban and civvie population. And monitor activity on the ground that way. Un-armed, and using a market stall as cover.

Several of the Taliban shot us on sight, as we didn't have a red team call sign. Despite being unarmed, and in typical afghan clothing. Fair enough, they were jumpy, who wouldn't be?

Eventually, after several occasions of this, we decided that we had to make the Taliban aware of our presence, and take control of leadership (the story dictated we had put the leader in charge, he was our puppet).

We simply instructed the commander to not fire upon us 3, (the whole ISI force) and that we were on side with the Taliban. Confirmation was sorted, and the rest of the Taliban were made aware of the new allies in the field.

We come back home, to find fresh IEDs placed all over our house, and the neighbouring pathways. A fine way to treat your superiors. So we went to approach the Taliban command to reassert, and perhaps take full control of the forces responsible if need be (in game theory, of course!)

Upon walking up to the Taliban, a couple of players let us pass, then turn, and shoot us both in the back. Unarmed, and simply walking down the road.

At first, we thought this could be another case of mistaken identity. Until the culprit, from Maple Leaf Tactical, says "See ya later Blade 8. If it makes you feel any better, you are the 3rd person in the uk to be shot with my new TM shotgun!"

Blade 8 was a new call sign given to us, by the Taliban, so they knew who we were, and what they were doing. And the last part was an out of game gloat. At a milsim. What a cnut.

Comment

Its a shame when someone messes up a game like that. Isn't half of MilSim (the Sim part) meant to be a bit of roleplay? For instance you can use something your character wouldn't know?

Also the gloat is just terrible.. even at a normal skirmish I wouldn't expect that from people let alone a milsim!

Did you speak to the marshalls about these events at all?
              Fire Team Zulu
              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

• Yeah we were doing g a heck of a lot of role play. But we were technically a non combatant force. But too many itchy trigger fingered Taliban meant that the originally briefed plan was never going to work. That and a few other reasons is why I'm at home and not still there!

Yeah we did take this to a martial. But at this point we had had enough. We had tried multiple times to get the Taliban onside, as the original intent was as well as the game plan.

Comment

All it takes is a few tools to ruin a good milsim game :/ (or even just a game where different groups within the team have different objectives)
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                    Yeah we were doing g a heck of a lot of role play. But we were technically a non combatant force. But too many itchy trigger fingered Taliban meant that the originally briefed plan was never going to work. That and a few other reasons is why I'm at home and not still there!

Yeah we did take this to a martial. But at this point we had had enough. We had tried multiple times to get the Taliban onside, as the original intent was as well as the game plan.
                    At a milsim wouldn't they get in trouble for shooting civvies?

Its a shame you had to leave! If i recall those Tier 1 events aren't exactly cheap!
                    Fire Team Zulu
                    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

I too was with Ben, it was a terrible experience to what should of been an excellent weekend for charity too may I add. Though a couple of the Tier 1 staff were not to a good standard, Generally Ed and the boys are spot on. Not sure what happened to this one.

This Maple Leaf tactical guy..... you were close to being the first person in the UK to wear a shotgun as a thong. You sir are a complete moron.

Comment

Trying a new site recently and noted a few Teflon players, but one incident particularly...
                        Me and a mate had found an extemely good spot in a dark corridor, we had great cover, firing from pitch black doorways.
                        So I can see this fella just stood there, in my sights and he's got no idea I'm only 20' away.
                        I shoot him 3-4 times, centre mass. 100% hit. He just looked round, confused and said, "where am I being hit from?"
                        I called from the shadows, "I'm shooting you"
                        He just moved off round the corner, still without calling the hit. I was just bemused at how blatant he was.
                        I didn't want to give up the position we'd got, so couldn't tell a marshal at the time.

I wasn't angry about it, just couldn't understand how some people can be so obvious about cheating
                        h e y d r i c h
                        L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          Pains me to name and shame, but this was the worst I've ever encountered in 4 years of playing.

Playing Tier 1 this weekend, we were ISI, Pakistani Intelligence. We were inserted covertly, purely to watch, and see what happened. As Stanta is too tight to simply watch the whole time unseen, we decided the best bet was to mingle with the Taliban and civvie population. And monitor activity on the ground that way. Un-armed, and using a market stall as cover.

Several of the Taliban shot us on sight, as we didn't have a red team call sign. Despite being unarmed, and in typical afghan clothing. Fair enough, they were jumpy, who wouldn't be?

Eventually, after several occasions of this, we decided that we had to make the Taliban aware of our presence, and take control of leadership (the story dictated we had put the leader in charge, he was our puppet).

We simply instructed the commander to not fire upon us 3, (the whole ISI force) and that we were on side with the Taliban. Confirmation was sorted, and the rest of the Taliban were made aware of the new allies in the field.

We come back home, to find fresh IEDs placed all over our house, and the neighbouring pathways. A fine way to treat your superiors. So we went to approach the Taliban command to reassert, and perhaps take full control of the forces responsible if need be (in game theory, of course!)

Upon walking up to the Taliban, a couple of players let us pass, then turn, and shoot us both in the back. Unarmed, and simply walking down the road.

At first, we thought this could be another case of mistaken identity. Until the culprit, from Maple Leaf Tactical, says "See ya later Blade 8. If it makes you feel any better, you are the 3rd person in the uk to be shot with my new TM shotgun!"

Blade 8 was a new call sign given to us, by the Taliban, so they knew who we were, and what they were doing. And the last part was an out of game gloat. At a milsim. What a cnut.

I'm pretty sure I know who that was...

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
                            Trying a new site recently and noted a few Teflon players, but one incident particularly...
                            Me and a mate had found an extemely good spot in a dark corridor, we had great cover, firing from pitch black doorways.
                            So I can see this fella just stood there, in my sights and he's got no idea I'm only 20' away.
                            I shoot him 3-4 times, centre mass. 100% hit. He just looked round, confused and said, "where am I being hit from?"
                            I called from the shadows, "I'm shooting you"
                            He just moved off round the corner, still without calling the hit. I was just bemused at how blatant he was.
                            I didn't want to give up the position we'd got, so couldn't tell a marshal at the time.

I wasn't angry about it, just couldn't understand how some people can be so obvious about cheating
                            Had a stag do yesterday for an airsofting buddy. Was a good day, but there was one guy who seemed to just not care. I figure he never really planned to airsoft again and seemed not to see the point in playing to the rules. Hit him twice and he looked around pretty gormlessly, then gave him a dose of full auto and he just seemed to shrug and wander off.

I guess not everyone is an airsofter.

Comment

We were playing at an excellent CQB site for my mate's (who is a regular airsofter too) stag do about 2 weeks ago. There were 15 players on our side, maybe 3 or 4 first timers renting. Half of the opposition seemed to take this to mean we were all noobs and could take liberties with us and generally take the piss in terms of cheating.

Me and a noob were approaching the top of a stairwell, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and duck down behind some cover, he carries on. The noob gets shot so I wait quietly with my shotty drawn and pointing at the doorway leading to the top of the stairwell. This chap sticks his head round and as much as I don't like headshots I let a shot off and ping him on the top of his helmet instead of his face. He promptly shouts " Oi, you can't do that, you're dead" and I have to explain that it's entirely plausible that he can shoot one of my team and for me to be a different player who has outsmarted him. He wasn't best chuffed with this so shot me anyway. I threw the c word at him a bit but took the hit and walked to our respawn which was in the next room which he and the rest of his team thought would be a good idea to stand outside and shoot us as we were walking back in to play.

There was a shit load of camping that day, most notably on stairwells. My team spent a good 10 minutes stuck on a stairway trying to get down but were boxed in. This I don't mind but when it's the only way down from our gen point it kind of kills the whole game. For one of their team to lob a pyro in to the stairwell and guaranteeing the necessity of ear trumpets in the future for some of us was against the rules, to then run in after and shoot us all point blank shouting "I've killed all the noobs" was just twattery.

It's a shame because some of the site regulars left by lunch. In all fairness to the marshals the last 3 games after lunch were better but still riddled with cheating and folk not taking hits. I had to put a whole mag from my Hi Capa in to a guys back before he stuck his hand up. At least I wasn't the kid on our team who got shot in the face from less than a metre with a grenade launcher..........

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
                                At a milsim wouldn't they get in trouble for shooting civvies?

Its a shame you had to leave! If i recall those Tier 1 events aren't exactly cheap!
                                Nope, £85 quid down the swannie. But we figured that we were going to lose that money anyway, might as well get some our weekend back and chak it up to life experience than try and stay and force the value out of it somehow!

But yes, they should be in a lot of trouble with command for shooting what they should have identified as civilians.

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                                All it takes is a few tools to ruin a good milsim game :/ (or even just a game where different groups within the team have different objectives)
                                Yup, sadly, this event seemed to be full of average skirmishers, and not role players or milsimmers. When a taliban soldier approaches you and is wearing full US woodland, a MICH 2000 with an NVG Monacle on a mount, systema and acog in hand, you know hes not a proper milsimmer for the taliban!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X