Comment

• Re: ARU Police loadout

Excellent pics. Thanks for those
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Danger Will Robinson, Danger

Never cuff above the bone on the wrist, and I can't quite work out the mechanics of it in my head, but i think they must be on upside down if the single bars are pointing away from the body.

Good stuff tho.

and is it just me on does the vest worn by that ARV officer look like something viper or milforce churned out!?!?!
        uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

Comment

Arktis iirc

Comment

Don't worry about the cuffs. My partner decided to steal them and cuff me. They were on very loose. No danger at all

Comment

Originally posted by Danger_MouseUK View Post
              Danger Will Robinson, Danger

Never cuff above the bone on the wrist
              Hmmm?

I can assure you that you SHOULD cuff above the wrist! I've 'been in the trade' now for the last 14 years and have always understood that any mechanical restraint should be applied 'behind the wristbone' to prevent 'slippage' of the cuff.

Or is that just the way the (now defunct) Home Office used to train us?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

yup, i'm guessing you were trained on the old link cuffs?

The ridged speedcuffs shouldn't be applied above the wrist bone.

Tough technically, the should not be applied palm to palm to the front, as if you fall, you will put your hands out and are quite likely to break your wrists.

The only three generally taught home-office approved techniques are the front stack, rear 'back to back' (knuckles together) and the rear stack, tho this is generally a firearms technique.

Comment

Don't suppose it really matters either way unless you're actually a police officer. I thnk it's very unlikely the game I'm going to will call for handcuffing people...they just look good on the loadout

Comment

Besides most SFO's as I understand it use zip ties, as cuffing someone means following the suspect back to the station to get them back after they've been booked in. I always find the cuffs I carry get snagged on this during skirmishes. Well they did until I moved them from belt to vest.

Comment

No always, but it must vary from force to force.

Most do have matt black handcuffs issued tho instead of the shiny ones.

So that's a top tip to make your loadouts more accurate, take a tin of black spraypaint to your cuffs, and if you don't intend on using them (ahem, for what ever purpose you choose) then you could glue them shut to stop them opening and cuffing you to stuff.

Bit of a safety thing too, as there are some horrible stories about stray cuff bars pulling custody sarges over counters by the cheek... and hooking into eye-sockets.... both true actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger_MouseUK View Post
                        if you don't intend on using them (ahem, for what ever purpose you choose)
                        I have no idea what you mean!

Ha!

Joking apart not sure I want any more detail about those horror stories. I'll be keeping my handcuffs stock. Not sure if I will be keeping them after the game or not so it'll be worth keeping them in good shape to give them a resale value.

This advice is good though...had no idea there was so much to handcuffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                          I have no idea what you mean!

Ha!

Joking apart not sure I want any more detail about those horror stories. I'll be keeping my handcuffs stock. Not sure if I will be keeping them after the game or not so it'll be worth keeping them in good shape to give them a resale value.

This advice is good though...had no idea there was so much to handcuffs!
                          They really should issue a fluffy cover, they are bloody uncomfortable.

There really is a lot on them of the two days of training Police Officers receive per year on personal protection skills and equipment, half of a whole day is usually focused on handcuffs. It's the source of the vast majority of complaints related to use of force.

Interesting tho as it all goes out the window when someone is kicking off, they go on however they go on.

Comment

There is a certain website you can have a look at - under no circumstances purchase from it, as we all know that Zero 1 is the best website to purchase from, but they stock pretty much all the stuff the police wear - do a search for polimil they have everything from dog handling to armed response kit.
                            I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                              What's the high vis arm in that picture?
                              Sorry for the late late reply to the question - he'll be the driver and his passenger will have a high viz on the opposite arm.

Its to give clear arm signals to other motorists etc when they are in convoy with other vehicles.

Comment

@ dangermouse : about the ARUs wearing ties... thats very old now mate , they should have the sweat wicking polo shirts with the departments logo on eg northumbria or west murcia.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X