Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ARU Police loadout

Fishing rod? Haha nice idea.

I haven't found any training sprays anywhere. Was hoping I could keep mine but they took it off me

Comment

Starting compiling some new bits and pieces for my loadout recently. New trousers, dropleg mag pouch etc. Not quite as authentic as leadmill but it certainly looks the part enough.

Struggling to find a really suitable t-shirt at a reasonable price mind you
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Hmm, may have to start an armed response kit .

As far as I am aware zeroone dont sell police style kit, so where is the best place to get kit apart from ebay?

Comment

My look so far... Still need a Glock, Serpa holster, Mock Tazer, Headgear (PASGT or Cap... can't decide), Jacket, Gloves, and our team epaulettes sorting out.

And before anyone comments, yes they do use the full length G36 in a particular constabulary.

Also, 10 internet cookies to anyone who recognises the face.
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Very nice.

Safariland Glock 17 leg holster is definitely on the menu. I have the issue kit list for every type of officer, and ARU get the safirland type if your interested. (Some buy private Blackhawk).

Comment

Damn stabbie makes it all uncomfortable, need to adjust it properly really! Anybody know if there are restrictions in place regarding comms? The reason I ask is radio headsets are always better than the annoying clear ear plugs...

Also Leadmill if you read this, is that riot shield you are holding (in the pic with your skew-if helmet) made from the parcel shelf of a car?
              Originally posted by Leadmill
              Last edited by crasstoe; 27 January, 2012, 15:47.
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

You get the comms approved by the force, radios are restricted so good luck with that, we have commtac's but I think some forces buy sordins, most of the chaps will use the clear earpiece though unless there is a job on with time to get things kitted up. Helmets are MLA or IBA I think, used to be the old Mich type but moving on to new ones now.
                Just a note on the guy in the traffic jacket, pretty much never in a million years would you wear that, may as well hold a plackard saying shoot here I'm as tactically aware as a lawnmower. Even outer cordons would not have one near them.

Shirts are pretty easy, any black polo type or t type will do, pretty cheap and nasty are issued by my force, but they do the job and are wicking so it does not really matter, as for buying your own holsters? Really no - force I have worked for would allow that and firearms department would go off the deep end, you get what is approved by the force, Safarilands of course but also Radar holsters are now appearing. As for goggles, again forces being forces cheapest on the market with the correct stanag rating although and much to my suprise I have got the go ahead to source bolle X-1000's for my team, so pretty pleased with that.
                Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Holster is Safariland 6004.
                  You can buy an aerosol paint that looks like stone when dry.
                  A coat of that over primer on a helmet removes shiny glare and when painted over with blackboard paint gives that rough surface look
                  "Momento Te Esse Mortalium"
                  "Im not FAT.....Im HUSKY"

Comment

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
                    You get the comms approved by the force, radios are restricted so good luck with that, we have commtac's but I think some forces buy sordins, most of the chaps will use the clear earpiece though unless there is a job on with time to get things kitted up. Helmets are MLA or IBA I think, used to be the old Mich type but moving on to new ones now.
                    Just a note on the guy in the traffic jacket, pretty much never in a million years would you wear that, may as well hold a plackard saying shoot here I'm as tactically aware as a lawnmower. Even outer cordons would not have one near them.

Shirts are pretty easy, any black polo type or t type will do, pretty cheap and nasty are issued by my force, but they do the job and are wicking so it does not really matter, as for buying your own holsters? Really no - force I have worked for would allow that and firearms department would go off the deep end, you get what is approved by the force, Safarilands of course but also Radar holsters are now appearing. As for goggles, again forces being forces cheapest on the market with the correct stanag rating although and much to my suprise I have got the go ahead to source bolle X-1000's for my team, so pretty pleased with that.
                    You mean IBH rather than IBA? I was under the impresstion the PASGT was the general issue lid but times are changing after all. The X1000s are infinitely better than the 800s I am guessing you are using at the minute? I had a pair of 800s and they were awful!

Thanks for the pointers on radio headsets
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

IBH hmmm, could well be, mine is MLA but one of the chaps has IBH, although his is well past its sell by date, The PASGT was the accepted norm, word on the street about the new ones we are getting are they were designed for an Italian Police / Guard firearms team. No peak anymore which I have to say is a vast improvement, goggles go much better on the ones we had for demo. Goggles wise, no not even the X-800's, some horrible things the purchase department clearly got cheap several years ago and purchased about a million pairs of them as they are still littering the stores wharehouse. That is one area where some of the chaps have got their own. Cannot fault them.
                      I will try and go through my e-mails about the helmets when next at work and find which model they are.

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

• Let us know how it goes and if you find one I sa one of the ballistic shields with the notch at the top on eBay for £50 not too long ago... If it comes back on once I've been paid...
                        Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

as for buying your own holsters? Really no - force I have worked for would allow that and firearms department would go off the deep end, you get what is approved by the force, Safarilands of course but also Radar holsters are now appearing. As for goggles, again forces being forces cheapest on the market with the correct stanag rating although and much to my suprise I have got the go ahead to source bolle X-1000's for my team, so pretty pleased with that.

It does happen.

Safariland gets issued but I've seen the Blackhawk holster platform being used with torch attachments on the side. Was a dark night but I definitely saw it.
                          Be this approved by the force? I don't know but no one stopped them from doing it.

Comment

A good point, however with the job being as it is, if it is not approved it should not happen. It as always is down to liability issues. A good possibility is that they were on assesment as this happens all the time with companies sending items for approval as they love the contracts. With that the item sometimes is just given to the job, with this the officer(s) usually gets to keep said items.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

A good possibility is that they were on assesment as this happens all the time with companies sending items for approval as they love the contracts. With that the item sometimes is just given to the job, with this the officer(s) usually gets to keep said items.
                              That makes sense.

I've seen all sorts of cars on trials with both civvy and military police and very few of them have ended up being bought. The obvious difference is that the force, let alone the guys themselves, don't get to keep the samples.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh it is always a joy when there are new cars to trial, had some top motors over the years, also had some real pups... A 1.8 for road policing, really? thankyou vehicle fleet I will keep the T5 if its all the same to you.
                                Yes, sometimes purchasing get it very very right, other times they get it so very very wrong. It's cheap as chips at the moment, sadly buy cheap and with the wear and tear of the job, buy twice.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X