MTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTP

I give up with this. You lot moaning and bit*hing about stuff you have no concept of.
    Its a bloody uniform. Its dressing up as soldiers to shoot people with BB guns. Some people here take this WAY to seriously.
    Probably why I havent played since last weekender.

Chosen - what have you done for Westpoint to dislike you so much? He dislikes every single post you put up!

(Now for the younger members here) - Kidz! U no dat ownin teh newest stuffs teh armyz makin dnt make u kewl! It makes u a fool 4 spendin moneyz on it wen u cud spendz it on new gunz! Only if ur mumz and dadzs buy dem tho!

Comment

• Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      Well spotted.
      I forget you can now buy the material to do it.
      Although the material is only available from 2 sources at the moment. No one else is officially allowed to copy the print pattern.
      So I'll stand corrected on part of my post.
      Thing is that stuff is selling for more than the real deal PCS...lol

You would think it would be cheaper to encourage people away from the "stolen" stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
        That and Military Police have no power with vanilla royal subjects (civillians) in person unless accompanied by a regular policeman.
        Unless you are either in Germany or Cyprus as an accompanied, then both RMP and RAFP have equivalent powers as their home office counterparts in the UK. Of course in the Falklands they all get local "special" status as per the specials in the UK.
        As for speeding fines, you cannot get points etc for speeding on camp, it is classed as private land, same as perhaps a farmers field might be. Things like tax, mot etc tend to apply for vehicles as most unit standing orders will have some sort of line in about applying the spirit of the law on camp, besides if you are likely to go off camp you need it anyway.
        If you do get pinged speeding on camp, most just tend to issue a driving ban ie removing and flagging up your car pass resulting in just general embuggerance finding somewhere to park rather than anything else. When I was OC Police, I would flag it up to the line manager, and persistent military offenders would have a bit of a one way chat, essentially due to disobeying orders. Civvie staff would just get a chat but of course it can be flagged up in their appraisal.
        Mod plod have exactly the same powers as other home office cops. We found them great particularly when you had chavvy kids in the married patch who knew RAF coppers couldn't do anything, but then you rock up with a mod copper who can and the look is priceless
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
          Thing is that stuff is selling for more than the real deal PCS...lol

You would think it would be cheaper to encourage people away from the "stolen" stuff.
          Which makes me think helikon are doing it officially, the MTP material is far from cheap to buy off the roll which is where the cost comes in.

For a little bit of info.

Gen 1 and 2 cut MTP has been released from service as it is no longer used.
          Mk 6 Kevlar helmets are released from service as they are being phased out.
          Mk7 helmets are current issue and fall under the MoD, if one is for sale, you can bet bottom dollar it's nicked as the helmets are issued as temporary loan to the person using it.
          They have not been released to the public as of yet.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
            (Now for the younger members here) - Kidz! U no dat ownin teh newest stuffs teh armyz makin dnt make u kewl! It makes u a fool 4 spendin moneyz on it wen u cud spendz it on new gunz! Only if ur mumz and dadzs buy dem tho!
            Im fine with the amount of guns i have! So gear is the way forward for now! As all i currently have is a set of DPMs getting made into a ghillie and my MTP. Gear is very much the way forward.
            Need to find myself some Pencott Greenzone...
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Soon mk7 helmets will be avalible as there is soon due out a mk7A early next year from what's been said

Comment

Ok back on topic... Can someone tell me what is a good rig to use with MTP as of course the Mk4 osprey if even found for sale are very expensive? Was possibly thinking a Smoke Green RAV with either smoke green pouches or which seem to be easily available a set of MTP pouches. What do you think?

Comment

Ghost - Try searching the net for warrior stuff. You can pick up some great plate carriers in the cummberbund style as the Mk4 osprey in 'MTP' (multicam) with pouches for a hundred quid or so.

Comment

Can anybody tell me if possible what rig this marine is using in this pic please. The marine standing up at the rear.

Comment

Seems like a good place to ask but has anyone compared the genuine MTP and the Helikon stuff?
                      Fire Team Zulu
                      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by GhostWolf View Post
                        Can anybody tell me if possible what rig this marine is using in this pic please. The marine standing up at the rear.

Osprey, I think Mk3? it has clips on the sides where the velcro is as a second adjustmant. I think the plates go in from the bottom aswell.

Comment

Sorry, I've read the whole thread and just feel like i have to give my 2 pennies. Any uniform in MTP is illegal for civilians to own. Soldiers on e-bay do sell it illegally however there have been various cases of them having 'visits' from the RMP. Any company making 'MTP' isnt actually making MTP. the pattern on the camouflage is protected and does differ alot from Multi-cam. Companies just say 'MTP' in order to get people to buy it, clever ploy eh. MTP is now being circulated because the majority of uniform worn is PCS. the other cut of MTP uniform. so why not make a few extra quid selling your unwanted issued uniform on E-bay to airsofters and the like. If you go into any military surplus shop. odds are you wont be able to find any genuine MTP. because the RMP do visit surplus shops.

On another Note. If you want to know the difference between MTP and all the other 'MTP stlye' stuff. MTP is pretty much (i say pretty much because it not exactly) the same as DPM just in the new colours.
                          hhmmm

Comment

• Cs95 has gone through disposal and is in civvie circulation.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Bkray View Post
                              Sorry, I've read the whole thread and just feel like i have to give my 2 pennies. Any uniform in MTP is illegal for civilians to own. Soldiers on e-bay do sell it illegally however there have been various cases of them having 'visits' from the RMP. Any company making 'MTP' isnt actually making MTP. the pattern on the camouflage is protected and does differ alot from Multi-cam. Companies just say 'MTP' in order to get people to buy it, clever ploy eh. MTP is now being circulated because the majority of uniform worn is PCS. the other cut of MTP uniform. so why not make a few extra quid selling your unwanted issued uniform on E-bay to airsofters and the like. If you go into any military surplus shop. odds are you wont be able to find any genuine MTP. because the RMP do visit surplus shops.

On another Note. If you want to know the difference between MTP and all the other 'MTP stlye' stuff. MTP is pretty much (i say pretty much because it not exactly) the same as DPM just in the new colours.
                              Noooooooo here we go again.

It isn't the RMP, it tends to be mod plod. I know the RAFP haven't got the time or money to go after it and I suspect the monkeys and reggies are just the same
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Its not illegal to own, unless you know it is stolen then yes thats handling stolen goods. If you buy MTP/body drama/helmets/GSR etc then you wont get prosecuted. Yes, you may have it confiscated but the seller will be the one commiting an offence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X