• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 28 Years Later

Nice to see you guys are planning!

Comment

Well we have to look our best now don't we! Or is it worst...

Comment

I think so long as your outfit looks like it has been out in the wild for years its all good, a few thoughts on how to do this might be :

1. 10 teabags in a sink full of water, Submerge your clothing into the tea bath. Allow the clothing to soak for a minimum of one hour. The longer they soak, the more the clothes will take on a dingy color that makes them look old and dirty.

2. Distress the clothes with sandpaper. Rub the sandpaper on areas that normally show wear; such as the elbow, knees and hems. Use a wire brush if you want somehting deeper and heavier, on loosely woven fabric this will pull and tear it also

3. To fade fabric to look much older add one cup of bleach to a gallon of water, enough to cover whatever you're fading, leave for 30 mins and check, keep going until it is as washed out as you need. Wash in cold water and get rid of the bleach smell, might take a few washes to do this.

4. Use textile paint on the clothing to make your bloodstains etc and give it a good rub in the dirst for the finishing touch :-)..If you can grab some use fullers earth to give it a dirty look without all the bacteria and smell from rubbing it in the dirt!!

For me I am going with a Book of Eli look, so far it has cost me £7 for everything from the Bay and the bottom of my wardrobe, just need to sort out footwear and what that is gonna be.

Personally I am finding the costume the thing I am most looking forward to on this weekender lol, oh and the beers with mates!!

Comment

Haha I agree with the last part mate! And some good tips there. I just sorted the trousers and tee I'll be wearing and im gonna be adding a worn affect to them on monday. I will add some pics once done.

Comment

I think we need some teaser photos!

Comment

for teh tea bag thing, what would work best hot water or cold? i know either way it will end up cold, but just a thought as gonna try it in a little bit as just found a pair of old M65's in the bottom of my cupboard and some other random bits
              sigpic

Comment

Something I threw together quickly!

Wish I was going now :/

Not brilliant but thought I'd use things that could be found in this country.

Comment

how was u thinking of holstering the 226? as i was planning to use a serpa attached to my belt for my glock but am unsure
                  sigpic

Comment

I wish i was going, id take a modern spin on a very dangerous duster coat wearing cowboy which isnt a unlikely scene after so many years

when i say cowboy i dont mean cow print chaps and all the rest of it.

Comment

Yeah I would of put that in but need my screw driver lol

Was thinking either belt mounted or shoulder holster :/

I'd also run a claymore bag maybe or something like that and maybe some rucksack (small one) and some kind of load bearing or small chest rig either over or under the jacket.

Comment

lol 28 years later you wouldnt have serpas, mp5's etc

things go back to basics, hell 1800's to be honest, so leather etc would be a viable and common sight...

weapon wise, relics, black powder guns with home made black powder etc as its all doable yourself, cast your own bullets etc, bows, crossbows, hunting knives, homemade weapons etc

slackers :P

Comment

Oh lol I was more thinking a few months into one lol I'm not even going!

Just chucked some stuff together as I'm quite fond of post apocalyptic themes etc

xD

Comment

feasible if you had connections, or your american lol..or a ARV cop maybe..

Comment

Well I do hold a shotgun license so that's one gun sorted and I know where the armed police are based so I'll give there a visit xD

Comment

Sorry for derailing this guys lol back to the loadouts xD

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deadsy Hate my job and currently looking at getting in to the military Find out more about Deadsy
                                Working...
                                X