Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 28 Years Later

Originally posted by Identiti View Post
    for teh tea bag thing, what would work best hot water or cold? i know either way it will end up cold, but just a thought as gonna try it in a little bit as just found a pair of old M65's in the bottom of my cupboard and some other random bits
    Don't think it really matters tbh so long as it is dark dark dark fir staining purposes, they make ice tea with cold water so I don't think it makes a difference

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
    lol 28 years later you wouldnt have serpas, mp5's etc

things go back to basics, hell 1800's to be honest, so leather etc would be a viable and common sight...

weapon wise, relics, black powder guns with home made black powder etc as its all doable yourself, cast your own bullets etc, bows, crossbows, hunting knives, homemade weapons etc

slackers :P
    Just how it would be I agree, but I am prepared to concede a shottie and an SR10 for the sake of a good gunfight. If I can find economy sized LARP axe or similar I may well splash out on one of those for the hell of it

Comment

id so be packing black powder percussion revolvers (really the only legal pistols to own but dont get technical on me) and have a crap load of paper cartridges made up and a stash of caps and ill be ready ..maybe some extra cylinders ...

and then a nice kukari possibly a bow.

Comment

A few ideas if you are still head scratching.....

Oh and if anyone can name the movie and who it is in pic 3 I will be seriously impressed!!!

Comment

I was looking at western duster type look till I realized I'd need a second mortgage to pull it off well lol

I tend to disagree a little tho, If you contacted Blackhawk now I think they would claim a Serpa could last 28 years in service. Afraid whatever I do my sidearm will be a concession I won't be deliberately aging my beloved PX4 hehe

Following the 28 timeline I think there would be plenty of modern day firearms floating about the UK, G36c and MP5's from the police, Anything the Army has plus a load of abandoned US Kit from the last evacuation.

Think for the Angels team is to think we mustn't put ourselves at a disadvantage for the sake of aesthetics. If we want to use Comms etc then find a way to integrate it into your load out and still look the part, even if not strictly accurate

I'm thinking eye protection is gonna be the hardest thing to make look 28 years old, oh and me being 28 plus 13 :P

Puggy

Comment

No idea, looks like John Lennon in Hell

looking at this for inspiration

Comment

Army of Darkness load out or evil dead load out ?

Metal hand or chainsaw attached to hand

Then a double barrel or a Winchester

Im sure you`d also get away with a pistol

The main thing is you have to say "hail to the king baby" and ofcourse to any ladys "give me sum sugar"
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy View Post
                I was looking at western duster type look till I realized I'd need a second mortgage to pull it off well lol

I tend to disagree a little tho, If you contacted Blackhawk now I think they would claim a Serpa could last 28 years in service. Afraid whatever I do my sidearm will be a concession I won't be deliberately aging my beloved PX4 hehe

Following the 28 timeline I think there would be plenty of modern day firearms floating about the UK, G36c and MP5's from the police, Anything the Army has plus a load of abandoned US Kit from the last evacuation.

Think for the Angels team is to think we mustn't put ourselves at a disadvantage for the sake of aesthetics. If we want to use Comms etc then find a way to integrate it into your load out and still look the part, even if not strictly accurate

I'm thinking eye protection is gonna be the hardest thing to make look 28 years old, oh and me being 28 plus 13 :P

Puggy

the problem isnt the guns themselves but the ammo,(unless overseas travel was still available) the age of the guns as manufacturing stops etc etc also i think the airsoft delusion is coming into it again, we seem to think we could just go get mp5s n things when in reality we wouldnt a select few maybe but we arent in the USA or africa or pakistan or what i like to call non gun free zones..

Comment

True but we still manufacture firearms and ammo in this country law enforcement and armed forces have access to them as well as gun shops and what have you, add to that all the hardware brought in from overseas and consider that almost everyone with a gun in a zombie film gets killed without getting to shoot many rounds apart from the few main people then there would be a fair bit of ammo about if you were lucky and got there 1st and stocked up.

Also you could consider yourself a jammy bugger who had never had to fire his gun and so had loads of ammo, webbing wise you could have recently come across a surplus shop and got yourself new gear

I`d be more concerned with what you guys are going to eat 28 year old canned food does not sound very yummy lol

Sounds like fun but I cant make it
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

im glad im not the only one over thinking this event as if it was real, thought i was going crazy for a moment as even been dreaming zombies lol
                    sigpic

Comment

You would be suprised what guns came out if we ever got a zombie invasion here.

Specially 28 years later after a hell fire of crap, the army and police would leave one hell of an armoury, then not to mention armourers, general criminal stock and other elements like that. Mp5, G36, M4's..infact an array of weaponary would be readily available in this country along with enough ammo to blow up the US of A :D

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                        the problem isnt the guns themselves but the ammo,(unless overseas travel was still available) the age of the guns as manufacturing stops etc etc also i think the airsoft delusion is coming into it again, we seem to think we could just go get mp5s n things when in reality we wouldnt a select few maybe but we arent in the USA or africa or pakistan or what i like to call non gun free zones..
                        LOL Calm down Purcy......Please remember this is an airsoft weekender where we are going to pretend to be under seige from zombies and soldiers. Its just an excuse to dress differently, have a giggle and shoot oneanother with a different backstory. THAT IS ALL

I don't think we have to simulate the conditions otherwise someone better get busy down the biolab working on a virus for the npc's.

Anyway moot point, move along this thread is about outfits but thanks for the wonderful hypothesising

Comment

You would think that the only thing working after 28 years would be AKM's and rusty bolt action rifles

Unless parts manufacturing and such had survived... but I think I'm thinking too much here..

BTW Flyer, I would guess that the picture is from the movie "Hardware" also known as "Mark 13", which was banned for a while in the UK due to copyright infringement of the graphic novels it was based from.

Comment

What do we eat? Freshly imported American...... The ultimate Atkins diet

Comment

I think some people's are taking the 28 years title a little too seriously. Its clearly just a rip from the 28 days movies. I doubt they think yeah let's do it actually 28 years from now!

It's just useing one of the only well known British set apocalyptic movie titles as a way to for players to identify what the game would be like and attract those who would be interested lol

Comment

See now I'm slightly tempted to do this, just to dress up like someone from the book of Eli, and fire my AK from the hip all day long

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deadsy Hate my job and currently looking at getting in to the military Find out more about Deadsy
                                Working...
                                X