Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember my stag do was a quad day in Newcastle.
    Before we even paid there was an A4 form asking if each rider had various illnesses and at the bottom of the list was "consumed alcohol in the last 24hrs" now everyone in my party had ticked no, but i know for a fact we were all there with blinding hangovers from the night before, we also had a heamophiliac with us. (my best man)
    Now if any of us had been injured and needed a blood test in hospital it would have proved we were lying and we wouldnt have had a leg to stand on.

My vote is for waivers at every site for every game.

Originally posted by b16jus View Post
    Accidents happen its a fact of life, i dont know why 1 accident = country wide ban.

H&S again crazy

It wasnt an accident though was it?
    It was a blatent disregard for site rules and common sense by the sound of it, possibly leaving some poor sod scared for life.

Personaly i dont want to see anything banned let alone airsoft entirely.

Comment

Re: BFG Ban ?

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Saying that, I think Urban Assault make you fill out a new one every time!
      Yup, Urban Assault and Free Fire Zone require you to sign a waiver at the beginning of each and every game day.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

My site's disclaimer on the sign-in sheet:

"By signing below I am confirming that I have read and understood the rules and safety guidelines set out by ‘***********’ and that I will abide by them at all times. I am also aware that I am obliged to wear minimum standard eye protection, that full face and skin protection is highly recommended and that personal injury may result from skirmishing."

I don't expect it covers everything and we do of course have PLI but it just rams home (I hope) that players have a personal responsibility to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegill View Post
          So where would the insurance company have come in to play here? Would the player with the broken nose have complained? Is it just me that would try and keep quiet about an injury that could potentially affect airsoft across the nation? I'd be having a word with the site owner (once consciousness had been regained!) and making it clear what happened...

Maybe that's not how it works, I don't know much about the insurance side of it.
          have you had an accident that wasnt your fault?
          you could be entitled to a cash lump sum payout..
          the problem with insurance companies,is that they love taking your money,but hate paying it out...
          therefore when they get stung,they try some back handed way of recuping their loses,by upping the premiums,or getting the risks removed....basically they they are scum
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Would be a bit of a poor business model if they loved paying out, and didn't like taking money

Comment

meh, sh!t happens.
              if this be the case every time i've got a split lip from being shot in the face,
              and the two scars that exisit there coz of it.
              you don't go boxing and sue your rival for rearangeing your face for you.
              you don't go to airsoft expect to not get shot.

i rember a guys post on here a while ago, he was running down hill aand put his arm out to stop him self falling, and thoese little point broken branchs on the tree went through his hand, he did'nt cry or try to blame the site. if he did, .
              what do you sugest sir we strap pillows to all of the trees.

bfg to the head yes highly unacceptable, but i highly doubt they'll be banned across the uk. :/

Comment

Tyler, you kind of miss the point.

To cut a very long winded legal thing down into a sentence or two. The difference being throwing a large metal object at head height to where you know players will be is easy to foresee that is dangerous - therefore negligent, as they breach their duty of care. Whereas having a sharp branch, it is harder to foresee, so not.

Comment

yeah but thats classed as an accident,and its a bit different than having a kilo weight of metal n rubber smashed into your face breaking your nose n cheekbone
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i'm attacking abase, i'm running up a hill, some guy sprays me in the leg,
                    coz of this i fall over breaking my arm.
                    what was the cause of the accident
                    ???

Comment

You go to boxing to BE beaten round the head.
                      You dont go airsofting to have a lump of alloy containing a blank cartridge slap you in the face.

Would we all still be so blazae if that blank had gone off as it hit the guy in the face and blinded him for life?

When you have a tooth taken out by a BB or when a BB puts a hole in your ear thats what you call shit happens and theres not a court in the land that would side with you, afterall you go to be shot at.

Comment

right.
                        so who brought up that it was dilibertly aim at his face?
                        i call that shit happening :/

ground zero recomends full face protection.
                        do F&O?
                        some one took a risk?

if your wareing a face mask desigend to stop a bb at 600+fps a granade to the face is gona stun you and leave you with a head ace but nothing more i wold'nt of thought

Comment

Oh well, luckily you are (legally) wrong :D

Comment

i hate law.
                            this is why i decided to be a gardener :B
                            vveeerrrryyyy simple

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                              i'm attacking abase, i'm running up a hill, some guy sprays me in the leg,
                              coz of this i fall over breaking my arm.
                              what was the cause of the accident
                              ???
                              The other guy shooting you could be seen as the cause, but lets face it BBs dont put you flat on your back.

Full face masks are for stopping BBs.
                              Who says the guy wasnt wearing full face and the nade hit him outside of its protection?

There are too many ifs and buts here but potentialy some idiot at its worst could have ruined the enjoyment of BFGs for everyone.

Come on sod the rules, common sense sense dictates you shouldnt realy lob someting like that overarm, not only does it carry a lot more force its most likley going to hit at head height.

Comment

A piece of metal thrown at head height with a small explosive charge in it that is primed to explode is a tad different to a tree branch. This wasn't an accident, this was someone being an idiot.

I get what your saying, but an accident and a fool lobbing small exploding charges at head height are different things.

Yeah F&O advise people to wear full face protection, but they also warn people not to throw BFG's over arm, they are to be thrown under arm or posted. They mention this in the safety brief at the start.
                                It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                                Working...
                                X