Indirect fire - blind firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

i think you misinterpret what i said mate, by saying "cant see what you're shooting at" i meant not being able to see the flight path of the BB's, ie, sticking the gun above a barricade or round a corner.
    even if you're surpressing you cant see the enemy but can still see the bunker/barricade/bush you're shooting at

Comment

obviously i think shooting without looking is stupid and dangerous, but looking through a gap and shooting under or over cover is fine by me, if u can see what your aiming at and your fire line is clear shoot shoot shoot, as somebody earlier said "its like pinalising them for having good cover" ( or something along those lines).launchers are surposed to be arch fired and providing your initial view is clear there are no problems. obviously geting hit in the face is never fun,but what abour grenades (pyros) im sure no body here ever looks exactly where every bb inside goes, it would be imposible. Anyway i think if you play using common sense you wont have problems.

peace

Comment

i'd never do it. I use low/midcaps mostly, and am very tight on bullets/spraying. Being a bit of a perfectionist, i like to be very conservative with my ammunition. If i get the chance to take out an enemy with 1-3 shots, i wont go overboard. I suppose i only play like this because of playing paintball for 2 years. Paintballs are bloody expensive, and theres no wasting them
        Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

I have to agree that opening up round a corner without looking or lifting your gun up above cover and not looking, like you can do in Gears of War, is probably not a great idea from a safety point of view.

But, going back to the origional scenario, lobbing a shot over cover from a few feet back is ok in my opinion. After all, you are looking down the barrel and some one would have to be literally on top of you for you to hit them.

I dont think its much different to throwing a grenade. For both options you're looking where your throwing or shooting and your reasonably sure of where they're going to land. But you cant be sure that your grenade isnt going to come down on some ones head, or land beneath some ones legs and give them a full blast to the nuts. You dont go up to a window, stick your head in an say "allright lads, gona chuck a grenade in here and just needed to check that i wasnt going to land it in someones nads" By the time lobbed bb's come down, they would have lost most of their energy and just come down like rain whcih has been mentioned before.

Anyways, thought i'd stick my viewpoint out there.
          Carpe Diem

Comment

Hmmm... I feel ill qualified to get into such an apparently heated debate with this being my second post, but...

Blind fire is totally different from firing on a position you estimate the enemy is at, especially when you have come under fire from that point.

Guessing the range on a "lob shot" kind of weapon is kinda what they are useful for...

Unfogging or removing your eye protection in a firefight or even close to one is stupid though. Just don't do it. If you really need to remove them, shout about it. Certainly don't do it as you advance.

Blind firing round corners or into the unknown is stupid though, all it serves to do is waste ammo and give your position away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
              But that wasn't the situation described .
              You're lobbing the shot over the barricade from the floor, from 3 or 4 feet back. You are looking down your gun sights, just into the air.

This (hurrah for teh paint!):

hahaha youve copied my art skills at there best
              as for your shot i guess id say its not blind fire relly just a relly week 40mm grenade round in terms off range, probley very unrealistic to be fair so you can see why some would say its blind fire
              hello

Comment

But it's not unrealistic. Just look at grenade sights in real life. The idea is to arc the shell up to add range. It's just not as much range in airsoft.

I should probably say again, that I completely agree with those who think that blind firing AEGs is out. It is. I was only talking about moscarts.

Comment

I think its perfectly acceptable! TKOS argument that is.

Blind firing int he conventional sense, is not.

Comment

This still going?

Follow site rules
                    Be sporting
                    Be safe

It is not hard people
                    Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

• Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

i believe indirect fire to be applicable in airsoft where as i disagree with blind fire.

Ive played cqb for a number of years and some tweaks had to be made to using moscarts. i was one of the only guys using moscarts and the usefulness was limited.

The issues i came across:

Due to visual conformation before shooting using a moscart only kills one person close quarters

Often people feel a moscarts from a distance and dont take it thinking it to be a ricochet.

there was an occasion i fired a moscart at someone close range and the spread bounced off the walls before they hit him, considering it a ricochet he didnt take his hit and i took two in the chest.

Their was a few ways we dealt with it.

First of all we made mascart non line of sight weapons so i could fire the through windows etc before room clearance. this meant you could fire indirectly into rooms you know people were in but couldn't see and made them a little more useful

Another thing we did which not very sneaky but let people know i was firing a moscart and while the bb's were flying richocets counted (to simulate fragmentation) before i fired i usually shouted 'fire in the hole' to let the guys know thats what was happening. this way i could be standing at the door fire against the wall/roof leave the bb's to ricochet for a seconds then we could clear the room

The only other issue we had with moscarts was slug rounds as the hurt like a mofo so we made the ruling you had to shoot into a room corner and if you were within ten feet you were hit.

If found this a really good system and it made moscarts a more dangerous and valuable aid. I disagree with blind firing but i have no real issue with indirect fire for moscarts i mean one round point blank range at 350fps hurts alot more than 77 bb's point blank form a moscart and by the time they land on the target they have little or no velocity.

My experience of using my m203 and my thoughts on the subject
                      theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

OK, so this got dragged up again. I was going to say this before, but the thread went quiet before I got round to it.

The comment was made that even the idea of firing a moscart over a barrier is dangerous as someone may stand up just as you fire, so does that mean you never throw a grenade over a barrier? I'm sure a BFG in the face will hurt a hell of a lot more that a pretty weak shower of BBs from a couple of meters away.

Also, what's wrong with firing into the bushes where you know someone is hiding, but you can't see them? Some snipers can hide really well, so does this mean we can't fire back?
                        sigpic

Comment

I dont think you have the method quite right, most sites that i have played at around the country operate the rule if you arn't looking down the sights when you fire its blind fire, thats a simple rule to follow so you cant just poke the gun round the corner without your head being behind the sights, if somone is hiding in a bush near you then Lace the hell out of it as long as your aiming down your sites and or in clean line of sight then of course you are allowed to shoot them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
                            SFS, I see your point, but surely you aren't going to be firing into someone's face, as you are firing over the barricade and can see where you are firing. Thus,

If they are behind the barricade, opposite side of you, the bbs will go over them.

If their face is in you sights, you won't fire (plus they'll be standing up in front of you so your teammates should be able to deal with them!).

And you'll be surprised how many people deny hits from a moscart. they aren't that powerful.
                            Load that moscart up with .3's they feel those I wouldnt complain about you blind firing if you pulled that on me in a skirmish. I think thats how a moscart should be used, to get you out of a tight spot. Also looking at how alot of underslung launchers are used there often used to fire from cover onto another position.

Comment

What's the difference between TKOS original post and lobbing a grenade over a wall because you know the enemy are there.

Comment

The difference is that grenades are designed to be used like that so in theory is used properly are safe. Aiming your gun blindly and firing it could be dangerous, hence the reason some sites don't allow it. But I don't see a problem with TKOS original idea as long as you are looking in the direction you are going to fire (incase someone pops there head over the baracade ect)
                                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 22 December, 2009, 08:12. Reason: off topic

My feed back
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X