Indirect fire - blind firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

I have done both sports too, and I have to slightly disagree with you. If you mean Paintball hurts more then yes, you are right, but do more damage? I don't think so. Being hit from about 2 foot with a paintball bloody well hurts and leaves massive bruises, a hell of a lot more surface damage than a bb.

On the other hand though I have never known a paintball to penetrate skin, leave a blood blister yes, but never actually penetrate skin. I got shot in the stomach (quite an ample on i must admit lol) from around 2ft at the Mall about 6 months ago. I had to have the BB's removed from my skin with tweezers as they had gone through my Teeshirt and into my skin. I still have the scars now.

Rules at sites are there for a reason, ignoring them or disagreeing with them isnt an option. If they feel it is unsafe to do a certain thing then it is unsafe. Most sites I play at try to be as realistic as possible and only introduce these sort of restrictions if an incident has occurred to cause injury to someone.

On a lighter note I shall tell my wife you think girls are soft (6ft tall Martial arts and fitness expert). I will introduce you to her just as her PMT starts just allow me to get a safe distance away lol
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
      I have done both sports too, and I have to slightly disagree with you. If you mean Paintball hurts more then yes, you are right, but do more damage? I don't think so. Being hit from about 2 foot with a paintball bloody well hurts and leaves massive bruises, a hell of a lot more surface damage than a bb.

On the other hand though I have never known a paintball to penetrate skin, leave a blood blister yes, but never actually penetrate skin. I got shot in the stomach (quite an ample on i must admit lol) from around 2ft at the Mall about 6 months ago. I had to have the BB's removed from my skin with tweezers as they had gone through my Teeshirt and into my skin. I still have the scars now.

Rules at sites are there for a reason, ignoring them or disagreeing with them isnt an option. If they feel it is unsafe to do a certain thing then it is unsafe. Most sites I play at try to be as realistic as possible and only introduce these sort of restrictions if an incident has occurred to cause injury to someone.

On a lighter note I shall tell my wife you think girls are soft (6ft tall Martial arts and fitness expert). I will introduce you to her just as her PMT starts just allow me to get a safe distance away lol
      I have seen paintballs split someones mouth wide open, toar nostrals and actually knock someone clean out so yea the sport is alot more dangerous then airsoft.

I agree with all the safty precations thats out there but blind firing happens and people have to except it and live with it, if your so scared of getting hurt then wear a full face mask if not then dont cry over it and get on with playing, it's the indervidual that takes the risk with out full face protection as most sites state so if you dont want to wear it then dont bleet about it.
      Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

Ha Ha scared, If I was scared I wouldnt be doing it full stop. Your point is taken about paintball though, although I haven't personally seen injuries as bad as you say you have seen. As for bleating on about it sorry mate but if a site has rules then the site has rules, and they are there for a reason. Being hit from 3 or 4 ft away when someone sees you I have no problem with, but again, just sticking a gun round a corner is just plain irresponsible and on many sites this will get you a ban.

The point about lobbing moscarts is valid though as because of the trajectory of the bbs all the force will be gone before they hit the deck so yes that is fine in my book. Blind firing and firing into a bush where you cant see the target are two different types of fire. Firing into a bush where you can see the bush but not the target is fine. its called suppressive fire.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by GGTIMMY View Post
          Tbh, if ur playing as insurgent or an untrained person i dont personally think that blind fire should be banned. i mean its not hard to find videos and pictures of Hamas, terry T and shia and Sunni militants in iraq shooting around corners. and as for saftey, if you are going to be shot, regardless where it is, its your fault if ur ot wearing enough protection (usually face masks are advised but not enforced).
          Lol, just lol

Comment

I dont knoow if this has already been mentioned as i havent read the whole section but bare with me.

I am a marshall at an airsoft site and blind firing is not allowed from a safety point of view! for example if there was a dead player making his way off the field or to re-gen and someone sticks an aeg around the corner and let rips i dont think the dead player would be to happy with said person, also there may be a marshall there, also you may be near a designated safe area, if you blind fire near there then a stray shot could find it way into one of these areas, well you know the rest.

Also from an isurance point of view, no insurer will pay out from an injury resulting from 'blind fire'

Hope thats it explained for you

Comment

Originally posted by captainkirrane View Post
              I dont knoow if this has already been mentioned as i havent read the whole section but bare with me.

It was the first thing mentioned. I have clarified a billion times that I don't condone blind fire at all, and what I was describing wasn't blind fire.

Perhaps do read the whole thing next thime

Comment

sorry mate just read it, as you said what you was describing wasn't blind firing, thats why you had to ask the question asking whether it was

Comment

Firing a moscart above your targets position isnt blind firing its indirect fire is it not. Its basically an indirect weapon that can be used in a direct roll.
                  TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                  Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                  Maruzen APS Type 96
                  TM P226, Tac Master .
                  WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                  KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

New question for you, if someone was to have a camera on the front of their weapon and a small lcd screen on the stock for firing around corners, would this be allowed? With people getting excited about land warrior systems etc I dont think it will be long before some tech minded airsofter rigs one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
                      At the site I play at, blind fire is allowed. But then again rules are strict on face protection.
                      Which site is that? We travel around and I have no desire to visit that place. We'll strike it off the lsit. If someone rams their gun round the gunner and dislodges my mask or goggles its gonne hurt. I've already had one BB surgically removed. If anyone did that they would be in the next bed having their RIF surgically removed from somewhere far more embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarface73 View Post
                        Which site is that? We travel around and I have no desire to visit that place. We'll strike it off the lsit. If someone rams their gun round the gunner and dislodges my mask or goggles its gonne hurt. I've already had one BB surgically removed. If anyone did that they would be in the next bed having their RIF surgically removed from somewhere far more embarrassing.
                        I actually play at this site 'Battletec' in Guernsey and my experience is blind firing is not accepted. I have been present in the bunker when someone has blind fired down a corridor and the marshals have torn the chap responsible a new asshole. There are strict rules and everyone has to wear full facemasks and semi only in the bunker.

Most of the regulars are good friends and we play an honest game. I would welcome you to see for yourself what our sites are like.
                        M4 S System
                        MP7 GBB
                        Sig P226 GBB
                        M3 Shorty

Comment

Originally posted by glassJAw1983 View Post
                          New question for you, if someone was to have a camera on the front of their weapon and a small lcd screen on the stock for firing around corners, would this be allowed? With people getting excited about land warrior systems etc I dont think it will be long before some tech minded airsofter rigs one up.
                          already been done, a guy made a complete and working glock cornershot and posted the build on another forum a while back
                          back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisr View Post
                            I actually play at this site 'Battletec' in Guernsey and my experience is blind firing is not accepted. I have been present in the bunker when someone has blind fired down a corridor and the marshals have torn the chap responsible a new asshole. There are strict rules and everyone has to wear full facemasks and semi only in the bunker.

Most of the regulars are good friends and we play an honest game. I would welcome you to see for yourself what our sites are like.

Bit out of the way but would be happy to one day if the chance arises. If they don't allow blind firing it's all good.

I bet thats a really good community in such a small place

Comment

i had someone blindfire at me in the courthouse last night, bunch of new guys who hadn't played before but this was halfway through the night and they knew the rules by then.
                              anyway i took out my novak and that was the end of it :D

Comment

The way I see it if you can't see what your firing at you are not in a position to say if its safe to pull the trigger. Blind firing is not just a safety issue its also shows a lack of gun discipline, who's to say its not your team mates sneaking up a corridor and by not checking the target you take out your own team in a nice bit of Blue on Blue.
                                Moscart grenades by there very nature are an indirect fire weapon, i for one would not like to be hit directly by one my grenades running on co2, I use moscarts to drop bb's on people hiding behind cover while maintaining my cover.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X