X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

another question
    How do i remove the front end cap to fit a silencer adapter without the tool that came with the rifle as mine broke in half
    cheers
    Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

I jammed a screwdriver in mine. Be sure to have the inner barrel out of the outer barrel first however. Or you'll risk damaging your barrel

Comment

Thanks again hunter.
        Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Just a word of advise guys. DO NOT buy the new JG Bar 10's. The tolerances are turd like. I had to hammer the bolt handle onto my teflon cylinder. Not a big issue but once it's on it isn't ever going to come back off.

Not the worst part by far however. The JG trigger mech is garbage. The pins for the sears are far too fat for PDI sears. And as you only have a choice of 3-4 sets these days and PDI now being the most popular it's abit of a bummer. So if you do get the JG (please don't however you'll regret it afterwards) you'll want to get the Action Army sears or SHS. Both of those fit without issue. I would say get Laylax but finding them in-stock is near impossible. I got lucky that a member on here had a TM trigger mech going spare. The PDI sears dropped straight in there without a hitch.

Also to note JG have now copied TM's hop arm design. Which as everyone knows isn't the best thing out there. I'm currently in the process of trying to get a new arm manufactured. Iv'e got someone on the case doing a CAD design so i'll update when i know more. For now i've used an AEG hop nub cut down and filled with a mixture of teflon grease and super glue gel. The more grease you add the lighter/softer the compound will be. I don't advise making it a really hard compound as it does give you a huge range of hopup. Mines over slightly hopping .30's with no hop on. Unfortunately i can only test to 10 metres at the moment, so at 50-60m that could be perfect. I'll have to wait for my next game day to give it a through test. It's now dead straight though. No left/right flyers every now and again. I'm using a 303mm PDI 6.05 barrel paired with a Nineball hop rubber.

Comment

But you might find after 50 metres your bb's could fly drasticly one way or the other :/

10 metre ranges are never reliable enough.

Comment

These tests were done with the crappy o-ring. I borrowed a friends chrono and it was only 160FPS. So it would have moved left/right during it's flightpath. Well at least i thought it would have moved. The o-ring you gave me makes it fire at 340 with the M110. Which is basicly bang on my limits. As it allows abit of headway for variances in weather and what not.

I'm still yet to get out to a field big enough to test it thoroughly. And with the wheater being how bad it is at the moment it may be a little while longer before i can test it. I've had a quote from the manufacturer and they'd need a minimum order of 200 units and a follow up order within 6 months. Follow up orders are a minimum of 50. So that's a £1200 investment. Which i can definately not afford to put up front. So i'm having to look around for different places that can do the work. I was debating making a mould out of clay and making them myself. But the plastic would likely be for too brittle. So that may well be out of the question. For now at least

Comment

A mould for hop arms or O-rings? :S

Get out and play mate Currently in the mists of making a warrior L96 shoot the best it can be with an AEG tightbore and home made bodgery... Looking excellent so far though :D

Comment

For the hop arm mate. It's looking far to expensive to get a company to do it for me.

Comment

Yeah, even if you did invest it wouldn't be that profitable for yourself as most VSR hop arms are fine... But if it was for a range of L96 hop arms then that could get you a pretty penny if you got them cheap enough

Atleast i think so :P ha

Comment

To be honest mate make your own like a few have done Inc me,

It's not easy but it's very very worth it, I've tested three very tough,

Different weight bbs different hop units and rubbers and nub mods etc, and to be honest they work brilliantly

By in large a much needed mod for people using .36/.43 ammo due to the massive increase in hop applying area,

My spec had groupins of extreme accuracy and range at 65-75m

Comment

Just a quick one guy's.

if i leave my vsr 10 at 450 fps, its a clone but the quality of the sears seems very high. What else what you recommend I install, i would prefer accuracy over power and i've heard (could be BS) that the optimum fps is around the 450 marks to do the vibrations, follow up shots and not having to replace the more expensive parts.

Comment

Originally posted by evilpanda88 View Post
                          Just a quick one guy's.

if i leave my vsr 10 at 450 fps, its a clone but the quality of the sears seems very high. What else what you recommend I install, i would prefer accuracy over power and i've heard (could be BS) that the optimum fps is around the 450 marks to do the vibrations, follow up shots and not having to replace the more expensive parts.
                          450 is perfect fps level for vsr pro, and 420 is perfect for gspec

also there are numerous mods you can do to improve consitancy, etc
                          read the first page of this guide mj23lj has listed alot of info there,

Comment

Cheers guard-sniper87,

Im now having an annoying issue where my bolt locks back, any ideas on what this could be? it was working then i picked it up last night and BAM! it was f*****, i cant see much wear or tear on anything

Any one have a spare working tm trigger mech, or upgraded one i could perhaps buy, im also looking for upgrade parts.

Failing that anyone want to earn some money by fixing/upgrading it for me?

cheers in advance guys

Comment

So the bolt locks back and stays stuck

If so just disassemble the rifle and re build it making sure everything is in place
                              Is should rectify the problem

Comment

I've done that about 10 times lol, the trigger seams to just not engage, but nothing seems worm, not missing any springs or anything.

Highly frustrating!! only used it once aswell.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X