This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this legal

technicaly these underage skirmishers have no defence if stopped by the police and the parents neither because they are not regular skirmishers ,, absolute nightmare for ukara and if they do nothing every site in uk will follow suit making ukara a tiger with no teeth and therfore useless . ....

Comment

Reading through what Jonny posted all I heard when reading it was a load of farting noises.
      He's not saying its legal or illegal he's just saying its legal as fair as we know?
      Its not like they have prove of home office or UKARA allowing this scheme to happen as well..

Comment

In response to the OP, no, the u18 cant buy off you, hes u18. The t&c's of the membership says that about halfway down, FACE TO FACE IN THE SHOP.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
          technicaly these underage skirmishers have no defence if stopped by the police and the parents neither because they are not regular skirmishers ,, absolute nightmare for ukara and if they do nothing every site in uk will follow suit making ukara a tiger with no teeth and therfore useless . ....
          I sense a league of nations scenario but instead of the LoN its UKARA.
          (They set out to do good but dont have any force to impose restrictions)
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
            Reading through what Jonny posted all I heard when reading it was a load of farting noises.
            He's not saying its legal or illegal he's just saying its legal as fair as we know?
            Its not like they have prove of home office or UKARA allowing this scheme to happen as well..
            Exactly. It doesn't sound like he's contacted UKARA asking advice about his scheme, but I very much doubt they'd OK this.

Comment

this is bending the rules to the max because it says to buy rifs you have to be over 18 and a regular skirmisher with the 3 visits etc which the parents are not ...........would be different if the parents had actualy attended themselves and learned the safety aspects by playing but this is not the case or so it seems ... this just makes ukara pointless and open to any interpretation the retailers wish to use as and when they choose . would be different if riffs were kept on site but this just leaves it to the kids to abuse the system and the parents/ club to get away with it .. very grey area .

Comment

Could I just ask also, if someone were to possess junior membership, as there is no age limit on owning and manufacturing an RIF, just purchasing one, surely said under 18 would be fine to simply be gifted an IF by their parent/guardian and then just replace or spray any two tone parts? That way no law's have been broken at all?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalAsh View Post
                  Could I just ask also, if someone were to possess junior membership, as there is no age limit on owning and manufacturing an RIF, just purchasing one, surely said under 18 would be fine to simply be gifted an IF by their parent/guardian and then just replace or spray any two tone parts? That way no law's have been broken at all?
                  Yes laws have been broken.If a kid got gifted a two tone M4 and he decided to paint it or replace the parts it would turn it into a RIF .Which is manufacturing a RIF . This is illegal...

Comment

Yes laws have been broken.If a kid got gifted a two tone M4 and he decided to paint it or replace the parts it would turn it into a RIF .Which is manufacturing a RIF . This is illegal...
                    Not if they had a junior membership, which was what I said before. XSite are saying that with their Junior Membership scheme junior members get the same defence as someone who is over eighteen, and it's perfectly legal for said people to manufacture RIF's.
                    sigpic

Comment

the mad bit is if his parents gift him a rif it is not illegal .... madness mess of a law ,,,,,, but someone has to find a cure .....or go mad themselves

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalAsh View Post
                        Not if they had a junior membership, which was what I said before. XSite are saying that with their Junior Membership scheme junior members get the same defence as someone who is over eighteen, and it's perfectly legal for said people to manufacture RIF's.
                        Its very sticking ground and this has just mind f***ed me so I will save it to someone who knows their stuff to correct one of us .

Comment

xsite are misleading you as it is illegal to buy or manufacture a rif if you are under 18 you can be gifted one if no money changes hands but xsite are not gifting them to you they are selling them to you .....

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                            xsite are misleading you as it is illegal to buy or manufacture a rif if you are under 18 you can be gifted one if no money changes hands but xsite are not gifting them to you they are selling them to you .....
                            It's illegal for an under 18 to purchase an imitation firearm (which includes replica imitation firearms) but i'm pretty certain there's nothing in the VCRA that puts an age limit on the manufacture of a RIF or the modification of an IF into a RIF, i.e. the same rules apply whether you're 40 or 15.

Comment

I have complained people. I'm not loseing the sport over someone trying to make money

Comment

Its very sticking ground and this has just mind f***ed me so I will save it to someone who knows their stuff to correct one of us .
                                The sticky ground is in whether or not their junior membership scheme is valid. If it is, then surely them manufacturing an RIF totally within the law. As said above, madness of the law. I'd be interested like you say to see the legality of this...

However at the end of the day, I've met U18 players who are equally if not more sensible and responsible than some adults... I think the age limit is fine in terms of buying AEG's, however I feel that a bit of discretion when it comes to this sort of thing goes a long way. This way at least the people at XSite can get a decent impression of whether the younger player is responsible or not whereas if they were over 18 RIF's would be sold no questions asked. Simply pigeonholing all younger players in the "They be unfit to possess an RIF" category would be fairly short sighted in my opinion. Either way there are ways and means for U18's to acquire them legally anyways.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bricktop Find out more about bricktop
                                Working...
                                X