• Show
Clear All

• Re: Is this legal

Originally posted by Q View Post
    Except perhaps - s36(1)b VCRA

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms
    (1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;
    (b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation
    firearm;
    Please keep up, that whole section makes selling RIFs/two tones illegal. Full stop.

We're debating the defence that allows us to carry on doing all of those things!
    sigpic

Comment

• Re: Is this legal

I don't have the time to read the whole thread, but the last page didn't seem to be going anywhere.

I will say though, innocent until proven guilty, this is the way our courts run. Until some one is proven guilty/not guilty in a court of law, there is nothing to say that there is any wrong doing, or miss-interpreting the VCRA, or that it is fine for them to be doing it.

I have yet to hear of a case specifically relating to our defence under the VCRA going through the courts (I'm waiting for the day I'm stopped on the way to GZ), or of any retailers having to answer to the courts.

Anyway, since the thread seemed to be going in circles, I have closed it. If you reallllly want to keep going, pester me with PM's and if you're reasons are valid enough I will consider re-opening it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bricktop Find out more about bricktop
      Working...
      X