Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Celcius CTW Team Alpha

I'm new to ctw /ptw's So I'm all ears!
    My best way of learning how things work is to take it apart and see. Most new guns I get tend to be ripped open within hours! Ctw was a little bit pricey tho so don't want to go in too and fluff any warrenty I may have.
    . .

Comment

go for it marcus

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by windywindmill View Post
        I'm new to ctw /ptw's So I'm all ears!
        My best way of learning how things work is to take it apart and see. Most new guns I get tend to be ripped open within hours! Ctw was a little bit pricey tho so don't want to go in too and fluff any warrenty I may have.
        Your better off leaving it for three months and using it then once the warranty is gone start tinkering.

Comment

Yes the hop tubes/pilows in the systema have more pressure to them( I like the way you have put holes thru the celcius ones, does it work? they seem soft already tho ?) The bigger nub roller seems to work well, ( a flat hop works better , but is very sensitive and needs a different form of adjustment) but if you glue the ends of the standard hop roller it will lift .28 bbs fine, but not much more more. (obviously people have bought standard guns, and I was thinking they wanted to keep them standard)

Comment

Check with who you bought it from with reference to the warranty , but from my understanding, leave the gearbox , wiring etc alone until out of warranty . As you can remove the cylinder and barrel in seconds I cannot see how it will effect it , but please check , you dont want to miss out on the freebie/upgrade as well as loose your warranty well !( I have to say the company I deal with are excellent about celcius warranty ) You can also now buy 9 months extra warranty for the Team ALpha from the new shop for £49 ?? I think.

Comment

I noticed the extended warranty today for £49, extends it to the full year. It's a good offer

Marcus, Please post anything you feel would help us, as most are new to the CTW/PTW area.

As for the R hop, I swear I read a forum post on the systema forums where someone had done one...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                I noticed the extended warranty today for £49, extends it to the full year. It's a good offer

Marcus, Please post anything you feel would help us, as most are new to the CTW/PTW area.

As for the R hop, I swear I read a forum post on the systema forums where someone had done one...
                Would be pretty hard to do so since the rubber is pretty different from a standard aeg rubber have a look at the one in my post.

Comment

Ok here goes, if anyone has any questions PM me, or ask here :-)

The Team Alpha comes with an extra o ring on the outside of the hop sleeve spacer (brass) make sure this is not forgotten / lost if you take the barrel out ( this is not in Mx2s and shouldnt be fitted to Mx2s , as the upper erceiver wont close if yoiu put one in there!) It spaces the cylinder and the hop barrel combination correctly , and without it your FPS may be out, as well as your cylinder /gear mesh, because the cylinder and hop sleeve are not held together as much)

Make sure you wind the hop fully on(allen key grub screw wound out!) for as many Hours as possible to allow the hop tubes/pillows to reshape, before attempting to set the hop (otherwise as the pillows/tubes go back to shape the hop tension changes as they grow) Remember that when you screw the grub screw IN the hop goes off and the pillows are under most presure ( If you really want to you can use systema tubes, as above, but the standard is fine upto .28s , as long as the nub ends are glued)

If you can dismantle the hop / barrel (check it doesnt effect warranty!) , check that the hop roller has been glued to the aluminium hop ring( ensuring that you only glue the ends( this gives a consistent hop up to .28/ .30s , but you can use a bigger roller, as above if you wish ) My Mx2 had the roller glued , the team alpha did not, make sure you only glue the ends with Cyanoclorite (superglue) very litely , dont get any on the actual nub for obvious reasons.

With regard to Mags, the standard CTW mags need lubricating with silicone oil ( you can spray some bbs in a loader and down the mag feeder (but obviously the loader will be contaminated and so will the bbs) and then load the magazine and unload a few times or , take the mags to pieces, and oil them (very fiddly and lots of bits to loose if you havent done it before)(but the CTW mags are also glued together as well as screwed, sometimes the glue has got onto the spring ! ) (you can check for this by taking the outer casing of the plastic inner and loading the mags while watching the spring compress) You can do without , but if you get misfeeds or chopped bbs, this is the most likely cause.
                  Another Mag tip is that there is a little window in the side of the mag , when you see bbs appear in this dont load any more bbs, its full :-) you can get more in but the mag wont like it !!

There are a few mods to the feeder body/ hop sleeve that have already been done on the team Alphas, which werent done on then mx2 (essentially take the squares edges from where the air nozzle enetrs the chamber and the feed lips and edges where the bbs enter the chamber - These are already Done on Team Alpha, but worth checking .

Batterys Should be 11.1v Lipo 1200- 1400 mah with 20 c rating ( celcius own battery seems to out perfrom most others , but costs more ! ) for the standard cylinders (blue spring)

Its late, and I have been driving most of the day ( good to see the madwelshman and Phil today :-) so if I rememeber any more, I will add, any questions just ask.

Obviously there are quite a few mods you can do, but these simple checks, will give you a gun that will hit 50cm x 50cm box at 45meters, with 3 out of 5 bbs( the other 2 are just outside) as the gun comes in the box with no extra cost with .25 bbs.

Remember , your bbs are probably the single most important item in your Team Alpha , as its accuracy is most effected by them.

Comment

CK,
                    Tobi is right, the way the R Hop work is by making a big contact patch that fills the whole window in an aeg barrel , which is then stuck to the hop rubber air seal, so it doesnt get dragged down the barrel :-)( you remove the usual bump in your rubber) As the CTW/PTW has a very different system(no rubbber sleeve etc) there is nowhere to stik the patch to ! - You can create the effect that the R Hop has ( larger, longer contact patch with the bb , but I dont see how the patches can work .

the larger hop contact, can be slightly created as Tobi shows by fitting a lerger roller/tubing nub - but ultimately a large FLAT silicone nub is the way to go, but the adjustment of that sort of nub has to be VERY precise, and you need to be using heavier weight bbs to take advantage of it properley.

There is a way to get more precise, and easier adjustment of the CTW hop , but the Madwelshman and Phil will have to ellaborate on that one :-)

Comment

It was on the Celcius forums, there is a post there. R-hops aren't my cup of tea, just remember reading it.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Marcus did you manage to see the video I posted? what effect does the spring have that's better than the packing?

Comment

Yes the guy on the CTW forum has made his own flat hop from Tygon Tubing , But the true R Hop which is Hunterseekers version of the G Hop ( he has put a lot of work into getting just the right material ) is onlky supplied for AEG barrels , now you cna use an AEG barrel in your CTW, but again the Madwelshman and Phil knows all about it ;-)

Comment

Tobi, the spring is always going to be better than squashed rubber tubes for giving repeatable results, the problem with the CTW /PTW is that with the standard system and space that is available for the spring to fit, it is very fine and weak (again you can get around this , but its quite an involved mod ;-) I think that deepfire did the spring kit as well as fight club custom
                            ??

Comment

TOBI,
                              Sory its late ! I should have also pointed out that by the pure design of the CTW/PTW hop, a spring is actually a bad idea - the Hop pressure in most normal aegs is one of mechanical pressure, eg the hop arm is held in a set position by the adjuster, holding the nub set, so as the bb passes the only give is in the nub and rubber, but the "bar " which the bb must get under is effectivey held in place and set (thus giving repeatable results)
                              The PTW/CTW hop derives its pressure from the hop pillows/tubes , which are not mechanicaly fixed, and you rely on the pressure exerted by the pillows/tubes holding the bar down that the bb has to get under, and as there is elasticity , its a variable, and also the "bar" is not locked mechanically, a spring actually probably makes it worse , as at least the rubber damps the action, whereas a spring has no damping ( obviously a super strong spring, and super hard rubber create a harder to move bar, and that should be the aim to create a stable hop effect ( again the flat hop helps this, as there is less pressure required to be exerted on the bb, as the hop has a longer contact patch to exert ts force.
                              But essentially the design is still compromised because of this compared to an aeg style hop.
                              Hope that makes sense

Comment

Can you do a few pics of the parts of the hop that need to be glued?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                                Working...
                                X