Collapse

Celcius CTW Team Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Celcius CTW Team Alpha Release Date Announced...

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
    sorry to sound a little negative here, on what is surely a great gun, but the more I'm reading, the more I'm thinking that the TM recoil may be the better option, as (except for the dimensional acuracy, which is visually negligable) I really can't see that the CTW has any advantages over it, and yet, is more expensive, Though, i'm still very curious about this airsoft systems thing.
    This should probably be in a new thread, as it doesn’t relate to the new Team Alfa guns.

But to answer your question, at the end of the day the TM recoil and the CTW/PTW are both just AEG’s, they both aren’t a million miles away from a standard G&P M4, and the end result of any of these guns are about the same.

With the TM recoil you get a few extra features, i.e. the recoil, and if using mid caps, a bolt stop. The CTW/PTW also have a few extra features, i.e. real dimensions, bolt stop. If they are worth the extra money is 100% your decision, and only you can decided that.

Comment

Anyway! Mine arrived today, a nice big parcel with 2 x CTW CQBR, had them both out, rewired to deans, then packaged my friends one back up ready for him to pick it up.

First thing I noticed was the weight, a lot heavier than the ICS or G&P m4's sat in a cupboard, and this one doesn't have RIS on yet.

Next I put a magpul PTS MOE Handguard on to see if it fitted (which is does) I then quickly took it back off as I'm not a fan of magpul. Only problem is I forgot to charge up my 11.1v's last night so i'm waiting for them at the moment.

A few things to note: The motor height hasn't been adjusted for you, so you need to do that when yours arrives. on the CQBR version, the inner barrel sticks out into the flashider, I don't know if this is the case for systemas as well, but it did annoy me slightly, i'm currently waiting on a suppressor anyway, so im not that worried.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

thanks HappyAl and Joe, very informative thanks, and educative too and now, i can see the attraction, cheers lads
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

CK could you possibly chuck some pics up when you have the time? also do you mean the inner comes out of the outer barrel and into the flash-hider or the inner comes further that the flash hider? (is the inner still surrounded to keep it safe)?

also happy overall with the build quality/ first look impressions?

cheers

Comment

I didn't realise they sent them yesterday and when I rang today to pay they said they will try and send it for delivery tomorrrow, hope so as im off and can't wait
            sigpic

Comment

I will be putting some pics up later on, its really good, very impressed, I think they posted them out in time for a release date delivery.

Great service from that shop too, and these guns are spot on

The inner is exposed in the flashider, but still covered (sort of) it also appears to be vented in the part that is inside the flashider.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

The inner barrell sitting flush within the flash eliminator is a CTWism on all CQB models.

I am frigging crushed i cant get back to the UK for another 2 weeks

I was running a mix of Vanaras and regular mags on mine but i sadly had to get rid of the Vanaras ones. Not a fault with the mags, they all fed flawlessly, but the pouches on my plate carrier would not accept them properly. Now am in the market for more of the metal types.

I was advised by a friend to take the following action on both types of mag, so i assume the Team Alpha ones will be the same:

1. Remove the inner case from the outer shell and wrap a few licks of tape around them.
                The two halves have been known to separate on the Systema mag and as these are clones of them.... prevention is better than cure!

2. Get a stock of sacrificial BBs. Fill and empty each mag a few times whilst watching TV or something. Use the same ammo for every mag and then bin it. This should ensure any moulding imperfections (if any) will be removed before that all important firefight.

Happy hunting

Comment

A few pics of the Team Alpha CQB, full auto version.

Sorry for the quality, camera's broken, and the new camera is a birthday present for the wife, and it aint her birthday till tomorrow, so we're stuck with the cameraphone!

Comment

Had a shoot mate?
                    sigpic

Comment

uuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhh.... more sex wee!

Comment

Nah not yet, not enjoying the lack of adjustable motor height, other than that, its really good.

Oh and mine had a CDR with it, but the CDR was blank, I thought it was meant to have a parts breakdown or something on it.

So I tried my friends disk as he hasn't picked his gun up from me yet, and his is blank too....
                        Last edited by CK; 3 May, 2012, 19:04.

Comment

My disc has 2 PDFs on it. Generic user manual and an exploded diagram of all parts. Can email it if needed.
                          Just connected mine. I think it's dead.
                          Gonna try a fresh battery that's on charge but I'm sure the other was charged as I charged it yesterday. Fingers crossed!
                          . .

Comment

Did you have a magazine fitted? An empty mag will "kill" the electronics.

It has an electronic bolt cut off.

Fit battery, switch to either fire mode, press bolt release.
                            My first day with mine i was gonna throw a huge hissy fit when it stopped working... then i remembered! (looked like a total dipstick and took some flack too)

Comment

Yep done all the above. Nothing. Just spoke to retailer and sounds more than likely that I've blown the fuse using too high a c rated lipo.
                              . .

Comment

if only they put recommendations in a user manual of some description

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                                Working...
                                X