Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do you do airsoft for the guns or the camo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you do airsoft for the guns or the camo?

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
    What's the difference?

Airsofters, Reenactors and LARPers are all just a bunch of guys dressing up to varying degrees of accuracy for poops and lulz.
    True but there's so much 'walt' in the modern stuff (whether intentional or otherwise). So many people getting wasted and maimed out there. "Afghan loadouts" just boil my piss...

Comment

I see where you're coming from. I guess it's as you said, each to their own.
      Do you mean "Afghan loadouts" as in current era troops in astan or as in taliban etc? I assume the latter but just to clarify. Anyway I won't stray to the topic of actual posers, it's just too bad to get into.

Comment

Airsoft for everyone is slightly different, majority for the game and for that extra bit of relevance over say the typical paintball (relevance meaning oh look the guns look real, real uniform etc) the rest is split up into geardos, gun techies and collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
          I see where you're coming from. I guess it's as you said, each to their own.
          Do you mean "Afghan loadouts" as in current era troops in astan or as in taliban etc? I assume the latter but just to clarify. Anyway I won't stray to the topic of actual posers, it's just too bad to get into.
          I don't mind 'loose' impressions; MTP, a bit of osprey, the odd doo-dad here and there but when I see people frothing over things like Mockingbird (WTF? this is toy soldiers - a game) right down to getting ballistic plate dimensions 100% correct then making them out of FOAM! - that's when I find it all a bit... disrespectful (in a sense). If you're gonna talk the talk then walk the walk.

Anyhoo... none of my beeswax I guess.

Comment

Im normally against the geardos when i play so i get that satisfaction of LAWLACOPTER OWNED when i hit em.. that little peon whos wearing a OD jacket and multicam trousers just owned a US ARMY RANGEEERRRR!!!!

Peno you like my sig? lol

Comment

Guns by far. I enjoy having quality gear, but I'll go with Flyye/Pantac over HSGI or BLACKHAWK! any day of the week.

I've only been airsofting for around a year and a half and I'm already on my second gun while I still have my first set of gear/bdus.

Comment

Originally posted by TangoNoob View Post
                I've only been airsofting for around a year and a half and I'm already on my second gun while I still have my first set of gear/bdus.
                Are you sure you're in it for the guns?

By a year and a half I'd bought and sold at least a dozen and had 5 or 6 sat in my gun cabinet hardly ever getting used (but I needed them!).
                sigpic

Comment

To a certain extent I guess I can understand some people wanting to do an accurate loadout. But who's to say what is accurate or not.

Surely you serving guys do mods to your gear to make it more useable in the field. Buy your own gear etc.

While I'm neutral to all this as I said above. I know an RSM who isn't the slightest bit interested in ''dressing up at the weekened'' for Airsoft. So maybe you should look at it from both sides and chill a bit if someone wants to dress in Dessert gear. Who gives a poop, do you think it's dissrespectfull to cowboys and indians when you may have dressed like that as a kid?
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I was trying to stay away from that topic but seeing as you brought it up I might as well throw in my two pence. From a regular civilian I only see disrespect when things like medals, pins and so on that haven't been earned in their proper way are worn. I'm on the line somewhat about rank but I don't wear rank insignia anyway, the only patches I do wear are fun things like "Suprise C**k Fags!" or other airsoft related patches like my ******* and opsec ones. It all comes down to opinion really, I've seen airsofters wearing dog tags of fallen soldiers at an event to 'honour them' and I was absolutely disgusted to put it bluntly, but then I've also seen grown men straight up have a go at some poor kid for wearing a navy seal patch or some old medal their grandad had given them. It's a problem almost comparable to religion and atheism both views have their extremes, neither of which lead to many positive outcomes.
                    Last edited by Robin-Hood; 28 March, 2011, 11:20.

Comment

When edges make contact and rub, friction is generated....

On one edge you have those within airsoft that will wear certain things or act in certain ways without stopping and considering whether they should. When questioned as to whether a grown adult should behave in such a way, they'll just metaphorically blink and stare at you, with incomprehension....and then just carry on regardless.

On the other edge you have those who are actively looking to be offended, and indeed sometimes seem to take some perverse pleasure from it. When questioned as to whether a grown adult should behave in such a way, they'll just metaphorically blink and stare at you, with incomprehension....and then just carry on regardless.

Everone else seems to span the space in between. Stay away from the edges, that's where the twonks are.
                      Originally posted by palmer234
                      Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                      Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                      Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        There's no difference in my mind if you simply collect to appreciate the design/build quality/ethic etc. It's the posing that I simply don't get. "Hey look at me in my "UKSFSASSEALUSAFUSMC loadout/impression - hoo-aah!, I iz speciul" Impression? Is this the Comedy Club?...

I don't pose around with my guns thinking "ooh, I look like SAS, I look like a SEAL, I look like a Para...". The COSPLAY aspect should be reserved for children, retards and those across the pond, IMO. Sorry, it's just my opinion. Maybe because I'm serving I just hate the whole 'Walt' thing...

No offence to any walts. :D
                        Amen to that
                        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

for me it's about having a laugh . . . I love the decent guns and good loadouts . . . but MILSIM-ing takes it a little seriously for me.

t-shirt and jeans works for light loadout . . . but then I'm just as happy to mess about with WW2 guns and a vague resistance loadout

the problems only occur when the super serious encounter the super relaxed . . . you can still be killed by low FPS weaponry and a player in a rubbish loadout . . . get over it!
                          Andy
                          --------
                          WA Beretta Cougar 8045/ ICS M16 / Flare Pistol

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I've always stayed away from unit impersonations. I could wear my reg insignia etc but even that seems, to me at least, to be inappropriate for 'softing.

If people choose to do that then the choice is theirs and the only time I have an issue is the wearing of berets/badges that the person has no hope in hell of earning and they are acting in a way that gives the impression that they are a member of that unit. Having said that, we all know the smash are the biggest regiment in UK forces, so I'm not as bothered by people turning up in black kit etc.

For the first time, I'm putting together a unit specific loadout which will include badges, beret etc. BUT, I've gone a long way from UK/US forces. If anyone wants to think I'm walting as Brazilian Military Police then that's their own stupid fault!
                            sigpic

Comment

I see no reason at all why anybody from any background could or should be offended by what somebody else is wearing? If somebody wants to wear a rank slide or any other rank/corp/regiment/nationality ID while "playing" army on a weekend then that is up to them.

It would be a completely different story if they walk around mid week claiming that they are real when in fact they were brought for £2 of eBay and not deserved.

You don't go kicking off at a group of lads dressed up as fire men in town on a Friday night and i don't see the difference.

Airsoft is a game where we run around with toy guns firing plastic BBs. Different people enjoy it for different reasons none of which can be judged by any other player.

Ash
                              Check Out My Sales;
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...rs-and-adaptor
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Impulse-buys

Comment

Originally posted by ash8811 View Post
                                You don't go kicking off at a group of lads dressed up as fire men in town on a Friday night and i don't see the difference.

Airsoft is a game where we run around with toy guns firing plastic BBs.
                                Perfectly put
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPK for president. Love to airsoft whenever possible ,but Saturday school is a bitch! Find out more about RPK for president.
                                Working...
                                X