Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Fair enough, but with the (quite cheap) upgrades I've done to mine, I can't see how the Magpul is in any different league... Mine easily handles a 7.4v lipo too!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
      Fair enough, but with the (quite cheap) upgrades I've done to mine, I can't see how the Magpul is in any different league... Mine easily handles a 7.4v lipo too!
      I don't see how anything WOULDN'T handle a 7.4v lipo... I'd be worried if it didn't...

The licensed version does FEEL very nice, and neat touches like the mag well being all sealed off and the hot swap barrel being all cool are well, neat.

Also, the whole thing feels like a giant Pmag, which is really nice.

Not going to hide from the fact it's quite pricey though.

Comment

Yep. For the price...

TM Sopmod.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

When holding the PTS Masada, I joked... "Hmmm £400? I'll wait for the recoil version..."

Comment

I saw a lad with one the other day. Looks very sweet, and I want one. However, I was thinking, why has it become the must have aeg. Is it purely on looks, or what? WHy do people want it so bad compared to say any other magpul'd up M4 for example?
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Because half of them are CoD players that think it's the 'bestest gun' some are because it's the newest armalite mag capable rif, some because of the huge versitility of it and others because it's all magpul design. Me, the last two reasons. I had settled for the A&K but it was only a masada by looks, a few simular features but lots of failings. Now I've sold off mine and going to get me one possibly in a month or so, depending how many people start running them in my area as I hate the commen
              Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 1 October, 2010, 08:11.

Comment

Simple to answer, Quality.

Once you get any gun functioning at a reasonable level it's all down to handling, fit, finish and overall quality.

Be honest about it, the A&K feels plasticky, creaky and just a bit tinny. for what it is and the price it's ok, but the magpul is the whole nine yards. All you have to do is pick one up and see the difference.

It then comes down to do you want to pay the price difference for the difference in quality, in this case, I do, I think it is worth it and spent the money. If I was on a tight budget and couldn't afford it I would have settled on the A&K.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
                  Because half of them are CoD players that think it's the 'bestest gun' some are because it's the newest armalite mag capable rif, some because of the huge versitility of it and others because it's all magpul design. Me, the last two reasons. I had settled for the A&K but it was only a masada by looks, a few simular features but lots of failings. Now I've sold off mine and going to get me one possibly in a month or so, depending how many people start running them in my area as I hate the commen
                  I own pretty much all my guns based on CoD or war films... It irks me slightly when people look down on others because of their inroad to airsoft. I'll openly admit I would never have found airsoft if it wasn't for CoD...

There's a huge looks factor involved here, and the Masada is a looker... It looks a good deal different to anything else, it has that Magpul factor, and it is extremely desirable once you hold it, the material it's constructed from is very tactile, so it just feels nice to wave around and shoulder.

True, it no different to any other AEG inside, but that's true of the plethora of other guns that are available.

Comment

I hate almost all MagPulised guns but the Masada is just so sexy although it is a whopping $450 and has pretty basic internals people forget that you might spend that much on an m4 just to make it look to your taste e.g ris, MagPul so really its like a gun with pre installed good looks I can't wait till I get mine...

Comment

Hi guys just wondering what the trigger response is like,the range and the rof on the final version?

Comment

saw one today at the mall, all i can say is wow! you really do have to pick one up to appreciate how good they feel, they just ooze quality when you pick them up
                        BB
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Also played with one today, still overpriced but god dayum is the build quality making me rethink buying one.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I held one on sunday and got my heart set..all i need to do now is seel my guns to afford one :D
                            CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
                            CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

Yep. For the price...

TM Sopmod.
                              For the price no, with a sopmod you'd have to replace your entire armoury if you had regular AEG's. You'd need new batts,mags adapters for your charger etc etc
                              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                              It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

HAHAHAHAH NOPE .....

the tm sopmod has the charger adaptor for the battery it is a box to small tamiya,

also there is a freedom art mag pipe that can be brought enabling the sopmod to use normal m4 mags costing £18

bargain

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
                                Working...
                                X