Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Used my ACR today and found it to be very good, outranged all other AEG's bar a AW338 sniper and another ACR, hop was easy to adjust and did not need tweaking when firing. Only things I was not happy with was the Pmag supplied did not feed consistently and used 2 8.4v batteries in one day I did fire 1200 bb's though.

Comment

I haven't had any mag feeding issues. Maybe yours was a dud.

I used 1 7.4v 800mah 20C Lipo all day, I used around the 1000 rnds area...

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I have used mine in 4 long games so far, and the only issues I am having are 1) the take down pin for the front hand guard has a clip to keep it from coming out - that clip is getting jammed against the pin and I can't get it out without a hammer and drift. 2) The selector switch is starting to stick in the "safe" position. I experienced this just last weekend at Fort Ord in California, and haven't diagnosed it yet.

I run a 2200 MAh 7.4v 20c, and have changed the spring to an M110, it fires about 365 with .25's (since our field limits are higher than the UK.)

Comment

Disregard my previous post. Turns out his had a faulty hop. Completely broke the third time he tried to skirmish it.

Comment

I have to admit that as much as I dislike Magpul and Ares these do feel very nice !

However I do feel it's quite overpriced just because it's magpul and when I consider getting one I remember that for the same price I could buy 2x GBB G36Cs and a spare mag for both and the Masada is still just an aeg with Ares gearbox and XYZ gears
            Last edited by 1st commando; 25 November, 2010, 13:08. Reason: speeelang mastikes

Comment

Sorry for the off topic, but are the gas blow back 36s any good?

Comment

Lol, we have a thread for that, but from what I HEAR, yes they're very good. Not as good ROF in the UK though (colder months).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

been pondering , shall i shave up for christmas

option one , the pts masada,
                  option two, the ptw challange kit ( only £120 more )
                  option three, to upgrade my sopmod some more ....

Comment

what PTW challenge kit are you looking at?...the masada is £400..plus the 120 thats £520...i would love to know where your finding this, as iv only seen the cheapest one for £800 odd. or are you planning on saving more to get the ptw?..cos im in roughly the same situation as you ...either the masada, tw5 challenge kit or carry on upgrading my M4
                    CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
                    CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

i can find ptw kits abroad mate for less then £600

but im leaning more to PTW as i have a G&P masada that works great

Comment

I believe you can import a challenge kit for around £550, its one of the older versions though.

Also, once you've made it, from what I heard you will need to pour more money into it to make it skirmishable...however that's just based on others comments, I haven't owned one...

As for upgrading a sopmod...they are really good stock, if you change the spring, there shouldn't be many other upgrades necessary.

This thread digressed slightly. Need to start a 'I want RIS for my ACR petition thread.'

Also, if we are going to digress a good thread, it should be with 'When is the TM Scar out?' comments, not systema ones.

Edit: If you have a G&P Masada, you are one of the lucky few. If I had managed to get one, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the real deal.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

yeah had to import from USA
                          from a dragon of red colouring site ...

but love it , new tb barrel and mosfet brilliant,

was looking at new one just for marking etc put G&P internals inside

but thinking either new 2010 v3 celcius or the 2009 m4a1 carbine max II ptw kit

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                            This thread digressed slightly. Need to start a 'I want RIS for my ACR petition thread
                            I've seen the pictures of the ris on the acr review by scuffer and it looks like a scar! the normal handgaurd is better, if you need more rails use the magpul ones.

Comment

Quick update, needed to stripe my acr during a game yesterday to clear the barrel (dodgy BB) and found the butt had cracked around the top rear mounting pin hole, will put picture up later

Comment

your not the first I have heard with that problem mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
                                Working...
                                X