X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
    HAHAHAHAH NOPE .....

the tm sopmod has the charger adaptor for the battery it is a box to small tamiya,

also there is a freedom art mag pipe that can be brought enabling the sopmod to use normal m4 mags costing £18

bargain
    It might be a bargain, but it kinda ruins half the fun of the recoil system...

Comment

I nearly bought one of these on Saturday after picking one up. But I stuck with the Marui recoil M4 in the end. To be honest, for the money the ACR is great. I'd go far as to say cheap. It's just not for me. And to be brutally honest I won't buy another AEG again unless it's blowback.

And ill be using the freedom art adapter, as I want to use my Pmags.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

ben using the freedom art mag pipe does nothing to the recoil system it enables you to use normal aeg mags .

Comment

ben using the freedom art mag pipe does nothing to the recoil system it enables you to use normal aeg mags .
          It stops the bolt catch from working when the mag is out... For me that's as big an attraction as the recoil itself.

With respect to the Masada... Yeah, it's kind of pricey. It feels nice externally though, if you can imagine, it feels like a big Pmag!

I wouldn't go so far as saying it was "cheap", more on the slightly high end of reasonable... Of course, unless the gearbox is incredibly well made. Details like the enclosed mag well really do it for me, along with the funky cocking lever thing and the general solid feeling.

Of course, it is just another AEG though...

Comment

yeah you lose the bolt stop if you use the sopmod high caps . and the masada doesn't feel like a giant p mag . just sturdyer but still feels plasticy like a clone my opinion .

Comment

yeah you lose the bolt stop if you use the sopmod high caps . and the masada doesn't feel like a giant p mag . just sturdyer but still feels plasticy like a clone my opinion .
              Erm, the lower receiver/handguard is made out of the same polymer, with the same texture applied... As much as a gun can feel the same as a magazine, I'd say they did feel pretty similar...

As far as it being a clone, well, it is... It's an airsoft replica, it's not the real thing... Having never handled the real thing, I can't say for certain, but the polymer used for officially licensed Magpul PTS products is probably pretty close to the real thing. Probably as close as you are going to get given that the real deal is made out of a high percentage of polymer.

Could I be forgiven in thinking you are just being objectionable just for the sake of it?

Comment

Just ordered mine. Yay.

We'll see if any good. Can always sell on again...

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                  Just ordered mine. Yay.

We'll see if any good. Can always sell on again...
                  Pretty sure you won't have any issue doing that...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                    Erm, the lower receiver/handguard is made out of the same polymer, with the same texture applied... As much as a gun can feel the same as a magazine, I'd say they did feel pretty similar...

As far as it being a clone, well, it is... It's an airsoft replica, it's not the real thing... Having never handled the real thing, I can't say for certain, but the polymer used for officially licensed Magpul PTS products is probably pretty close to the real thing. Probably as close as you are going to get given that the real deal is made out of a high percentage of polymer.

Could I be forgiven in thinking you are just being objectionable just for the sake of it?
                    You can assume all you want

But the pts is still the same feel of the a+k variant just sturdier internals

And having had chance to play a game with the pts then mine then the sopmod I'd stick with the sop mod due to regidity and feel

And I know what the body is made from so no the mag body is thinner more flimsy compared to the aeg body

Comment

So what's the dispute here?

Are you saying you prefer the SOPMOD over the Masada? Because if you are, that's fine...

Just backtracking here, to get the most out of the SOPMOD, that is, to use all the features you pay for, you are probably looking at spending more. For me, I feel it would be a pity to use a SOPMOD and not use the stopping bolt. That said, I'd feel bad using normal M4 mags in a Masada, and Pmags are only about £4 less than Marui recoil system mags. So with the SOPMOD, you are looking at spending marginally more on mags... Not by a lot though.

If I had the money in front of me, I'd have a tough time picking between a recoil system gun and the new Masada. The Marui is proven, and a little bit different to use... The Masada is new, albeit very similar to other AEGs but still unproven, the only thing that sets it apart is the externals...

It's a tough call, I mean, I didn't even want a Masada until I had a quick go on one...

Comment

Surely if the internals are what they are, and will probably undergo a bit of upgrading any way, it boils down to looks and feels. If it feels sturdy and well built then good, and if you think it looks good, then that is a bonus too.
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Hi guys i got my A&K masada yesterday and i know its not going to have the quality of the magpul version but to me it feels very sturdy and a well made gun with quite a few good features which i liked compared to other guns ive had in the past and plus the looks always make them stand out for me as i love the look and feel of it. Just fitted my mbus sights onto it and have an angled foregrip on the way and also have a king arms lightweight silencer which i fitted just to see how it looked as i had it lying around. Id like to have a go on the magpul version and fire it to really feel the difference but unfortunately i could stretch to £400 for it.

Comment

bottom line,high end prestigiouse gun,but comes with a high end discusting price,bu then again,there are those spending 1000 on systemas,and there ar quit a few ,so i guess 300 is peas for them,also,its basically like any other gun,you will never knowif it was worth the cash,until you use it thoughroughly yourself,i mean,every review of the gun is going to contain opinions,not facts,and not every opinion is the same

Comment

I'd wager the Masada feels more solid than the SOPMOD. I had a go on a SOPMOD a few weeks back and it was underwhelming. The externals are nowhere near G&P level and the recoil is nothing more than a shudder.

Having said that, Magpul PTS' OEM for the Masada is most likely to be ARES. So while the externals will be excellent, the internals are proprietary and it suffers from compression problems. There's plenty of info out there about this in the wider ******* *****.

+1 to The Cult of SOPMOD for having a go, though. It must have felt horribly like being upstaged for one small moment there

Comment

thats the thing , the G+P masada is all G+P internals

the Magpul pts is all A+K internals with the magpul pts logos and body ....

so most will just upgrade the internals from the Magupul pts anyway , but still spending money on the weapon....

and the sopmod is a good gun, only thing is lack of power and lengivity of the battery packs, but the new hop unit is amazing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
                                Working...
                                X