Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magpul PTS Massada ACR

Mate - the PTS Masada is made by ARES, not A&K.

The reference to G&P was that G&P M4 externals are better than SOPMOD externals IMO.

Comment

dose any one no where i could by one for £400 and shipped to my door by next week Friday

Comment

Doubtful, the average price is £450.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I think people are bashing the internals of this gun far too much with out even owning one just because its made by Ares. personally I've never had any problems with my Ares M4A1 and I think they have an unjust prejudice against them because of its association with Star where as I feel people are unwilling to see that they have upped their game in terms of internals since Star granted there not up to TM internals but there not these pieces of junk people describe them as...

Comment

Nope. My opinion is based on owning a Tavor and pics and discourse on another forum where I can see they've repeated many of the same mistakes with the Masada GB and hop: lots of proprietary parts, so it's a pain in the face to upgrade (most likely to sort out the usual compression problem).

Still, it is a lovely looking gun.

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday from a shop that was selling for 400 posted.

Its superb - very solid, lightweight and rof is great. Shoots straight as a die out the box - looking forward to using this next skirmish...

Where can you buy the RIS front end for this?

Comment

I have heard that the internals on these are a bit problematic, my local has had 2 in the shop in as many weeks, anyone had a problem with the internals yet?

Comment

Anyone know when the RIS is available? Not a huge fan of the plastic front end...

Comment

I have over 6,000 rounds through mine now without an issue to the internals. I did have a problem where the front handguard takedown pin was stuck and I had to use a drift to get it out. I run it essentially out of the box, with a 7.4v 20C LiPo. The handguard can take a massive LiPo, so it runs all day, too.

Comment

I bought a sopmod about 4 weeks ago and that is awesome, so much so that I sold my g&p sentry to fund a 2nd recoil gun but typical airsofter that I am I bought something else..... The masada, bit of a risk as I bought the a&k version and within an hour of it being delivered it was listed for sale as I didn't get on with it but....... The new Masada is awesome, feels amazing and everything fits and looks the dogs danglies with a scope on, woo hoo
                      sigpic

Comment

How does it compare with the SOPMOD, mate?

Comment

^^ thats what i would liek to know aswell :D
                          BB
                          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Difficult to say to be honest, the sopmod is very very nice, fires well and even though the recil isn't that much the noise is what sets it apart from an aeg, it's well made (stock could be a bit better fit), the sopmod looks good but then the Masada looks amazing, so much better than the a&k, looks even better with a foregrip and scope on it and there is no wobble or flex anywhere on it, but it's a big beast, gutted though as I cant fire it yet as with having the sopmod I haven't got any regular batteries, will update shortly on firing differences etc mid week but so far it would be looks that decides which to get or which to get first anyway as both very well made
                            sigpic

Comment

Performance-wise OOTB, my money is on the SOPMOD - but I know some people will go for externals over internals, then upgrade. Interested to hear your comparison, Rainbow 6.

Comment

Why is everyone so adamant about comparing this to the sopmod? The price is similar but so what. If you want an ACR buy the ACR, if you want a recoil, boltstopping M4, buy a sopmod.

Of course if the planned Gas blow back kit for the ACR comes out then that will be pretty awesome.
                                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
                                Working...
                                X