Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
    I am shooting it inside, yes. But it was still very cold even indoors.

BAMF is completely correct, with care and attention there is no reason a GBBR cannot be used year round. I used mine at Anzio camp a few weeks ago and it was bitterly cold and pouring with rain and it performed flawlessly. So long as you strip it and clean it before and after a skirmish you will have no issues at all.

In fact the only reason I don't use it all year round is that I cannot afford the gas! :P

In summer mine is outstanding. I've used it all day filling the gas before the skirmish and only re-filling the gas in my 5 mags ONCE during that period, without any drop in performance.
    @Modizle: the range and accuracy are gas dependant I've found. On Guarder power up gas the range and accuracy are fantastic, on 134a it's quite crap, as you'd expect!

If you mainly skirmish in woodland, don't bother, you'll get very pissed off very quickly. In FIBUA it is amazing. I'd wager that the performance would be much more consistent on propane or even propalyne or however you spell it in the colder, damper climate.

I've yet to try it on propane but fulling intend to down the line - once I've got myself a decent pistol to round out my collection I'll be steadily upgrading this beasty.

Bottom line. When it works it's amazing, range, accuracy and recoil are excellent.

THAT WAS YOUR POST MONTHS BACK

so u playing doors then?

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post
      THAT WAS YOUR POST MONTHS BACK

so u playing doors then?
      Nope, I've used it in FIBUA and Woodland now and it's improved immensely. As I wasn't happy with the original performance and I went out there and looked up EVERY maintenance guide and could find and went to town on the rifle. The poor performance, unsurprisingly enough, was down to user error - I had not maintained it correctly.

Since then I've stripped it completely, cleaned every inch of the rifle, greased it, cleaned it again and re-greased it and it's performed flawlessly. The only issue I have now is that one of my mags has a slow leak, which I will fix when I have the time and cash to do so.

So basically, my previous problems with the rifle were due to my own inexperience when using a GBBR - now I am a little more experienced and a little wiser it has become my primary weapon, and I only take out my AEG's if I cannot afford to buy more gas.
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post
        your shooting it inside mate

i think we all dream of a gbbr but tbh

they aren't meant for all day shooting

even in the summer
        Sorry you are totally wrong Bust-Em.

I use my WE M4 all year round including last winter when we had all that snow. The temperature was hovering at about freezing all day and my WE kep on going and going. I could use full auto and have about 15more shots left before i could notice the ROF drop drematically.

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
          So basically, my previous problems with the rifle were due to my own inexperience when using a GBBR - now I am a little more experienced and a little wiser it has become my primary weapon, and I only take out my AEG's if I cannot afford to buy more gas.
          As you say Dan, a GBBR can be used full time as a primary. All of these people crying about "Cool-down" have obviously never operated a gas rifle, and if they have, then they haven't followed the correct maintenance schedules for it.

Nope; Modizle is banned and has been for some time.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

To be truthful cool down has never been an issue for me as I barely use it on full auto anyway. I stick to semi, and only switch to full in a tight spot when a couple of short bursts will make an attacking enemy think twice lol.
            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em
              gbbr are crap

i can bring up countless vids of random small parts braking its simply not a field gun
              I have 2 GBBRs and 1 AEG. There are a further 4 AEGS in my house. To date, the GBBRs are the only ones that havent had difficult or major problems.

They break no more regularly than AEGs. The main problem is that people dont know how to maintain them (im still getting there with my SCAR). The other problem is they are still quite new and need a few more years because the novelty factors wears off. ATM everyone is like:
              OMG I HAVE A GBBR M4 BLAH BLAH BLAH OMG... (then something breaks)... OMG SOMETHINGS IS BROKEN. FML. IM GOING TO HANG MYSELF

where as with AEGs, they've been around so long that no one really cares.

My EBR (as stock) was so realiable I only made modifications because I wanted it as a 425fps DMR.
              My SCAR has had no modifications on it. Admittely, I broke a few bits whilst working out how to care for it... However I havent broken it any more then when I first opened my first AEG...

And a good modified GBBR will cost you know more than a decent AEG. My GBBR SCAR (if fully modded) could total £450 (Currently has cost me £300). My AEG G36 has cost me nearly £600 to the same extent.

It doesnt sound like you've used one...
              Kiran Payne
              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K
                my tmp is perfect and i've used it as a primary many a time same with my tm pistols i've played woodland armed just with them.
                GBBR EBR reliability => AEG G36 reliability

My only gripe with GBBRS is they are not amazingly consisent with FPS.
                I would love to run CO2 because I hear is it far more consistent... However none of my local sites will allow CO2 on principle...
                Kiran Payne
                TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

Today on Jeremy Kyle a fourm member displays his problems on a fourm.

Also I am not forty as I am in the last year of Uni. (Well After my Gap Yah so add a year)

GBB is the way forward, The G39 works in -20C. There is no reason the own an AEG now and in a few years they will be less and less of them.

Please buy a GBBR and actualy see how it is.

Comment

Just so very annoying that he thinks he is right.

Right anyway: Does anyone have any info on the new black TM Scar?

Comment

Joefuski has just sold a brand new black WE Scar. He extols the virtues of it as he actually owns two and THAT is all he runs...Winter OR Summer.

A good video to watch about WE Scars, is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8bu...=youtube_gdata

The guy recognises issues, but also describes how to resolve them, without just giving up on gas and sticking with AEGs. As we're all well aware, AEGs require zero maintenance and will NEVER break!

Here's a couple of Scar pics, to get us all back on track...and yes, they have different serial numbers, as I'ev owned multiple Scars.

Happy with them?
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Righty ho,

Kinda had a tidy on this messy thread , appologies to everyone that got insulted by a certain user.

Carry on and keep it clean folks !

DT
                        Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
                          I would love to run CO2 because I hear is it far more consistent... However none of my local sites will allow CO2 on principle...
                          Using co2 in your GBBR's is like feeding them redbull. It is amazing. Yes, you really must have the full deal in terms of RA-Tech parts, but that is outweighed by the recoil, ROF increase, and general awesomeness the gun will give you. The NPAS in conjunction with co2 really does make the ultimate airsoft weapon platform in my opinion. Nothing compares to it!
                          All I do to keep the parts going nicely is dry fire the gun using the stock green gas magazine filled with abbey maintenance gas at the end of each day and line my mags up and drop a few drops of silicon oil in my co2 outlet's and tap the valve a few times to work the oil in.

Comment

Bust Em- next time it snows and it’s a game day, i will film my WE running full auto for you. I would put a tenner on the fact i could fire off 38rounds (i have modded all my mags) with no visible cooldown!

Perhaps then you could re-consider your opinion on GBBR's, thats when you un-banned that is. :P

Comment

Bust-Em has been banned AGAIN!

Also I want a Scar WA need to make one and then I will buy one!

Comment

My camera has been broken, however my course mate lent me a 3-D camera... I've taken millions of 3D photos but thought i'd take a 2d one to put on here...
                                This is my stock WE scar. Had it since end of October. Plan is to fit a barrel extention, CNC bolt carrier, CNC trigger mech & run CO2... obviously it has an NPAS.
                                It usually has an EOLAD on it but the mount is threading.. so until I can solve that, im not using it.
                                Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X