Indirect fire - blind firing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

You know someones in a room, you throw a grenade, be it pea, thunderflash or tornado, if you bounce one of those off the wall into the room then technically your blind firing as you cannot see the person and you are still behind cover...

But to be fair, people take the risks of not wearing full face masks, some of us optical glass wearers would LOVE to just be able to wear shooting glasses but cannot. But as everyone knows, apart from an un-named "GAME MARSHALL" at a recently attended previous game, you should "ALWAYS wear adequate safety gear for eye and facial protection at all times, the removal of said protection in a gaming enviroment is dangerous and 'could' be fatal".

So make your choice, play the game and if you shot me with a moscart grenade as a shower of BB's, I'd take that as a hit, the name of the game is "Simulation", if you wanted it anymore real then you WOULD have blind firing and no goggles

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

Nothing wrong with TKOS's use - not blind firing since you can see down the barrel and see that the only thing in the way is some clouds and the sky.

Rifle's being poked randomly around corners and fired is a massive no no though - had it happen once to me, snuck up to corner, just about to look around it when a gun barrel sticks around and shoots me in the teeth from 2 inches away. If it hadn't been for the fact that he was about 14, apologised profusely, and only actually fired once then he would have got a kick in the nuts (and I'm really not violent). Man I was pissed off though.

I would however question the sportingness of "mortar" shots to rain down on people - snipers aiming slightly above a target to compensate for shot drop is one thing, firing on a 45 degree angle to get targets behind cover is a really cheap tactic IMO but sadly appears to be a popular choice for some players.

Similarly, richochete kills - I've called hit while trying to assault some stairs and got taken out loads of times, really couldn't see where the guy was hiding. I asked him afterwards, and he proudly exclaimed "I was bouncing it off the wall!" - people like that make me not want to play at a site.
      sigpic

Comment

ok guys how bout this scenario i saw once.

2 guys had their m203s and had their backs to the 2 story house they were about to storm.
        they heard movement and shouting above them along with shots. they each stepped back and used their shotgun m203s and shot through the window.. is this blind fire or not as you are looking down the sights.. but you n no your target is there. opinions?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
          ok guys how bout this scenario i saw once.

2 guys had their m203s and had their backs to the 2 story house they were about to storm.
          they heard movement and shouting above them along with shots. they each stepped back and used their shotgun m203s and shot through the window.. is this blind fire or not as you are looking down the sights.. but you n no your target is there. opinions?
          Id say blind fire is where you can't see where you are shooting. They obviously knew he was there so i guess not.
          sigpic

Comment

Inspired by teh paint this this is my thoughts on this subject

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
              Inspired by teh paint this this is my thoughts on this subject

Absolutely spot on, exactly what i was thinking :P
              sigpic

Comment

Perfect.

Why couldn't you have been around when this thread started and saved 3 pages of ranting and rambling balls.
                sigpic

Comment

Nothing to do with me, its all the majic of paint.

Comment

This diagram, sorry I mean master piece lol, is just a bit more technical than the one TKOS posted up 8 months ago. But hopefully it clears up any issues with people understanding the difference between blind fire and indirect fire.
                    Well done sir.

Comment

Frightens the hell out of me reading this thread that its not obvious to some people whats dangerous and what isn't.

If you think you're going to hurt someone other than a slight stinging sensation don't do it. It's a game! Using the 'heat of battle' and adrenaline as an excuse for hospitalising someone means you need to take a reality check lol. Seriously shouldn't be playing if you cannot decide whats safe for yourself.

If you really want to hurt someone join up and go help your country.

Comment

Judging from the diagrams with the moscart, i'd say that was a drop shot, not blind firing.

This generally is not tolerated at my local site ad we are told not to take them. This mainly applies to people shooting over the heads of enemy players when they are out of range or people turning their AEG upside down and using their hop adversely to shoot someone behind cover or in a ditch that they can't shoot to. Either way its bad patter.

The only way i would take a moscart shot is if i popped out from behind cover and the guy cracked me, not if i was behind cover and the shot floated down onto my bonce. If however, i looked up and he was above me with a clear shot, then i would take the hit

Blindfire on the other hand is not tolerated in any way. At my local site all shots should be aimed. This solves the problem.

Just my take on things

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisr View Post
                          I actually play at this site 'Battletec' in Guernsey and my experience is blind firing is not accepted. I have been present in the bunker when someone has blind fired down a corridor and the marshals have torn the chap responsible a new asshole. There are strict rules and everyone has to wear full facemasks and semi only in the bunker.

Most of the regulars are good friends and we play an honest game. I would welcome you to see for yourself what our sites are like.

After a brief chat its not really allowed. But I have come across it a few times from usually new people or kids. I dont mind them doing it because all it takes is dropping to the deck and shoving a pistol were the sun dont shine and attempt to surrender them.
                          Or as my mate found at one of the private games, me grabbing the end of his Ak and then me coming round and shooting him point blank in the plums.. Oh how I like private games between mates, everything is forgiven with beer.
                          Last edited by Prev; 8 April, 2010, 08:56.
                          TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                          Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                          Maruzen APS Type 96
                          TM P226, Tac Master .
                          WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                          KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                          Working...
                          X