• Re: MTP

Originally posted by timski View Post
    time for me to show mine :D [ATTACH=CONFIG]62677[/ATTACH]
    wtf? i swear i just saw this photo
    is that you tim?

Comment

Attached Files
      Last edited by timski; 1 July, 2012, 20:24.

Comment

you know :D

Comment

have to admit it tim, that lil loadout looks pretty sick

Comment

Tim, how'd you get your hands on the Mk.IV Osprey and the Mk.7 helmet, if you don't mind me asking?
            sigpic

Comment

You can find them on eBay or be may be an ex serving or serving member of the forces

Comment

Originally posted by ball303 View Post
                You can find them on eBay or be may be an ex serving or serving member of the forces
                Yes... I am well aware that you can buy them there... However, as you may know, Mk.7 helmets are illegal to own privately and so are Mk.IV's as far as I'm aware (unless their legality has recently changed?!). So that's why I was asking him how he came about having them.
                sigpic

Comment

He could be serving or ex forces I no a few lads that where able to keep there ops kit

Comment

i bought them at a military fair. Never knew if they were illegal or not, i got them all in good faith, but i know a lot of people with them never knew on any laws around them, as far as i am aware, or so i have been told by people serving, also with the same kit. I mean there all on ebay? I thought MTP was out in surplus now

Comment

• I think at this point it's just the Osprey that's a bit of a legal grey area at this point.

Surplus dealers have shed loads of 95 MTP and even PCS is appearing in bigger and bigger quantities by the day.

Comment

yeah well the guy had shed loads off stuff, and i'd assume the'd confiscate all the illegal stuff there due to them selling deactivated weapons, i'd a thought its the sort of place the police would keep and eye on. But it seems MTP in general is a huge gray area, the amount of airsofter's with it and surplus stores selling it.

Comment

Its onlh illegal if it hasnt been released through the official disposal system. A squaddie selling it is illegal and punishable under military and civil law.

Comment

that's interesting to know...what is the disposal system? i heard of a load being dumped at the start of the year

Comment

and is there anyway to check if it has gone through the disposal system?

Comment

Most kit SHOULD be back loaded to Bicester and written off, then Im not too sure about. Even the crappy G10 watches have to be returned with paperwork when getting disposed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                                Working...
                                X