Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

As you can see, I use a one-point sling (the same BHI one as in the TFK pics). Thanks, though.

Comment

Got some new pics today in daylight. Hope you don't mind the repost.

Comment

Working pics:

Comment

My WIP, based around a WE No batteries Going for early UKSF in Afghan / Iraq look
          DIS was picked up off my neighbour for the extortionate price of £25....

To do:
          Get rid of that minging CQB sling mount
          Barrel Extension
          LLM01 to be added (only for CQB games though)
          Dirty up stock + rail covers
          Milliput front sight (although not a priority)
          More £35 a pop mags....

Comment

VERY nice FunkycHUNKY, keep that exactly as is (plus the dirty stock/rail covers) It looks great!!!

Comment

Don't keep it exactly as it is -- for a C8 CQB you want to chop the bayonet lug off and get a 10'' barrel. I'd also get a Stowaway grip. Looks dead sexy with no accessories and DIS though!

Comment

Originally posted by Corrigan View Post
                Don't keep it exactly as it is -- for a C8 CQB you want to chop the bayonet lug off and get a 10'' barrel. I'd also get a Stowaway grip. Looks dead sexy with no accessories and DIS though!
                I know bud! Getting one of PM's Barrel extensions, however I cannot find a stowaway grip for a WE yet, not sure if the ones for WA guns will work! Foresight may be milliputted later on, although like I said its know priority as I've heard that many SFW have used normal style front sights!

Comment

I wouldn't know about 'many', but yes, they are around. :] There are apparently SFWs with the normal A2 grips too, but a stowaway really adds to the look in my opinion.
                  Also, that front sling swivel doesn't need to go -- you see them on SFWs frequently. If it annoys you, of course, just take it off.

Another suggestion is to get a readi-mag to cover the (presumed) lack of correct trades.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrigan View Post
                    Also, that front sling swivel doesn't need to go -- you see them on SFWs frequently. If it annoys you, of course, just take it off.

Another suggestion is to get a readi-mag to cover the (presumed) lack of correct trades.
                    I meat rear swivel bit bud

From what I've heard trade wise when they were getting deployed to Afghan in 2001, the armourers had to use kits which lacked trade for the rifles so no trades (I think) is correct for the era I'm looking at!

Comment

Yep, I've also heard that there were unmarked receivers early in the campaign. I thought maybe you had some skanky M4 markings or something. :]

Regarding the sling plate, I've found the Guarder type B one to be an acceptable replacement for the Diemaco one (which are very hard to find). My rifle a few posts up has a guarder -- as you can see, it's not a million miles off.

Comment

those are some pretty cool looking M4's you guys have there....
                        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
                          those are some pretty cool looking M4's you guys have there....
                          You really are a cock aren't you?
                          trader rating

Comment

Oh for crying out loud guy's take a joke. Just because we've built these gun's doesn't mean we have to all be so sensitive about it. Christ.

Comment

I can take a joke, it was funny maybe the first time but has happened countless times through out the forum and to say it has worn thin is an understatement really in my opinion. I mean really what is the point of coming into this thread and calling these M4s? It is pointless.

Anyway, there are some good builds on here (me being on topic).
                              trader rating

Comment

At the end of the day when we take these to skirmishes they get called M4's. Why can't we all deal with it, they are an armalite variant and they do look like M4's with longer barrels. On the real steals this is different internally and externally (longer barrel, DIS and front site) but really it's airsoft.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X