Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Forces Weaponry

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
    I think a British weaponry thread has been tried before, although I thought I'd try again to get one going. Can be any British made weapon or weapon used by British forces from any era.

I'll start with showing off mine, although I really want to see other peoples efforts. There are some awesome L85s, Minimis, L96s, GPMGs and SLRs that people have.

I only ask that people please only post guns that are used by British Forces, and in the general setup that they are used in. E.g. No M16s or L85s with aimpoints on. Just keeps the thread focussed enough to be useful for those who like working on making their guns look like the real thing. Mine are below - pretty spot on I hope,other than the Browning being a type I don't believe has been used by British forces since the late 70s, and was only really widespread during WWII.

L85A2 by Jay 8, on Flickr

L119A1 by Jay 8, on Flickr

L128A1 by Jay 8, on Flickr

L105A2 by Jay 8, on Flickr

British Weapons by Jay 8, on Flickr

Hope you lot don't find too much wrong with them. Let's see all yours...

Quick one from me, Where could I find those RIS covers, the tan coloured ones? I've been looking but I'm really not sure where to find them.

Sorry if it's daft

Comment

can get them anywhere airsoft shops firearms shops the bay everywhere the real ones are ergogrips ladder rail covers but there are plenty of clones ect

Comment

Those ones in particular are these:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3500

They are a light olive colour rather than tan. My latest L85 uses Magpul Ladder Rail Covers in OD, which gives an almost perfect match to the furniture on the gun. Not accurate to the issued, as

jssmitty said, but plenty of different types have been seen in use, and I liked the look of matching the rail into the pistol grip/butt pad etc.

Comment

ics L85..

Comment

Interestingly there are Police at London waterloo right now (6.30) with Diemaco C7's. I assume military Police.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_Thesman View Post
              Interestingly there are Police at London waterloo right now (6.30) with Diemaco C7's. I assume military Police.
              Are'nt they a bit long for police? They are M16 length are'nt they?
              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                Are'nt they a bit long for police? They are M16 length are'nt they?
                Right you are, I always thought the C7 was M4 length. Well whatever the M4 by Diemaco / Colt Canada is called, they had them!

Comment

It's the LMT Defender that Transport police use
                  Not the L119A1
                  | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

• i know there is a load on hear. but F*** it .
                    My ICS L85a2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
                      It's the LMT Defender that Transport police use
                      Not the L119A1
                      Yep, good knowledge. Upon researching itI discovered my local armed Police units use them too.

Comment

MOD plod have some C8's, they are tried to replace all the MP7 and L85's with C8 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_Thesman View Post
                          Yep, good knowledge. Upon researching itI discovered my local armed Police units use them too.
                          I'm just your friendly neighbourhood gun nut
                          | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by Oslo View Post
                            Thought I'd pop up some more pics of the Browning:

The top slide took a lot of work to get to this stage, but this is as low as it'll go without compromising the strength, so there is still a little of a humpback...but I can live with it

The mag release is RS, slightly smaller than the airsoft one, but holds the mags so much better

RS sights, again a fair amount of work to recess into the slide, bonded into place, and set before the resin went off so they're spot on and aren't going to come loose
                            Now for sale in the classifieds...

Comment

How long until the glocks start creeping in?

Comment

Originally posted by Chevaliernoir View Post
                                How long until the glocks start creeping in?
                                Hopefully never, I fainted when I heard from my troop staffy.

Owner of DCS
                                (Doom custom shooters)
                                PM me for Custom work!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
                                Working...
                                X