British Forces Weaponry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Forces Weaponry

the live sten was a pic i found not burners isnt it?

I thought the one he had was an airsoft one, if i've missed that apologies!

Pretty much all the evidence we can find for painted stens seem to be post war (aussies, rhodesians, palestine etc) this might be where the site are getting their mags from... wwii soldered ones later painted in foreign service.

Like i say if its just for the hell of it its a great look but if i were to use it for WWII events i'd probably spray it back to black, at the very least i'd lose the divisional symbol.

- - - Updated - - -

Doh, oh it is a real one.... ffs i totally missed that.

If i'm honest i'd not have mucked about with an original like that, pretty much destroyed it's resale value.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post

If i'm honest i'd not have mucked about with an original like that, pretty much destroyed it's resale value.
      I don't think he's bothered by it's resale value. From the sounds of it he's got it painted to help him blend in among the rubble of his bunker when the world government sends in the black choppers!
      sigpic

Comment

the live sten was a pic i found not burners isnt it?

I thought the one he had was an airsoft one, if i've missed that apologies!

Pretty much all the evidence we can find for painted stens seem to be post war (aussies, rhodesians, palestine etc) this might be where the site are getting their mags from... wwii soldered ones later painted in foreign service.

Like i say if its just for the hell of it its a great look but if i were to use it for WWII events i'd probably spray it back to black, at the very least i'd lose the divisional symbol.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a chance that you would have any samples of the various types of camo that they used in the other countries? I've seem austens and some of the rhodesian guns but very limited examples. BTW, the red insignia was just something fun to do, I know its not historically accurate.

I'm not to worried about resale value. Transferables demand a premium plus I've already got a buyer lined up for it if his CLEO will sign off (selling some stuff to fund a RIA m60 belt fed). I bought it for $3200 some time ago and I'm selling it for $6500. You can strip paint, worse comes to worse you bead blast and dunk it in a park tank before you hit it with a coat of suncorite 259, few hours and it looks like new!

I don't think he's bothered by it's resale value. From the sounds of it he's got it painted to help him blend in among the rubble of his bunker when the world government sends in the black choppers!
        Ever hear the term "history repeats itself"? What about..... " Look for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what comes"? If nothing ever happins all I'm doing is investing my money in properties that will always be gaining in value, theres a fixed number of transferables and a ever growing demand. In 86 right before the ban a FA sten costs $246 from york arms. A home build costs about $80...when building a sten the most expensive part was the tax stamp. Now even the cheapest of home builds will run atleast $4,000.... My NFA collection is alot like a retirement fund for me. What will these $80 guns cost another 20-30 years from now?

Now, go back to your black ops 2 and let the big boys have a discussion

Comment

Rhodesian stuff seems to have been camo'd by brush and with whatever paint came to hand, aussie stuff was generally sprayed but again it's quite random.

Stuff used in palestine i've no idea.

Basically if you want a WWII look, strip it back to blued metal / black

at the moment its not really that historically accurate their is no evidence any one i know can find of 7th armoured even having them until the desert war was over let alone painting them.

Comment

Rhodesian stuff seems to have been camo'd by brush and with whatever paint came to hand, aussie stuff was generally sprayed but again it's quite random.

Stuff used in palestine i've no idea.

Basically if you want a WWII look, strip it back to blued metal / black

at the moment its not really that historically accurate their is no evidence any one i know can find of 7th armoured even having them until the desert war was over let alone painting them.
            Gotcha... Gona start looking for some proper paint to do the job right.

Comment

Originally posted by burner208 View Post
              Now, go back to your black ops 2 and let the big boys have a discussion
              Never played it, I'm far to old for sh*t like that. I would have got into computers when I was younger, but was too busy wearing a uniform!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                Never played it, I'm far to old for sh*t like that. I would have got into computers when I was younger, but was too busy wearing a uniform!
                Nurse fetish? Or schoolgirl?

Comment

Bit more of the older school boomsticks.

Not quite finished, needs the newly fitted front end painting up.

The compass is actually a bit of poetic licence taken from the film Bravo Two Zero, Just check Sean Beans M16 out.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Good to see you're still going for this Sean. Mind give us an update on the loadout too

Ive added another British rifle to the collection...

Just need the SUSAT now.
                    Last edited by Brandon; 26 February, 2013, 01:22.
                    Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Haha sean I haven't seen a weapons accessory as luridly green as that compass since I accidentally stumbled across a C9A2...
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
                        Haha sean I haven't seen a weapons accessory as luridly green as that compass since I accidentally stumbled across a C9A2...
                        Beauties of sniper tape bud.
                        That will tone down once Ive painted up the front end.
                        It is a nasty contrast against the black and my nasty back to the 70s carpet though.

Had a bit of a stall on it really.

Modded my chest rig to look more like an Arktis version but Im at the same time trying to gather together the rest of the Patt90 webbing for a closer B20 look (More people recognise it then).
                        Managed to complete the CQC bergan but having trouble sourcing a cheap deac LAW tube.
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I thought that might be what you did to it.

Now I just need to work out why the Canadians wanted their support weapon in lime green...
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Safety bud, 2tones cool ya know. :p

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post

The compass is actually a bit of poetic licence taken from the film Bravo Two Zero, Just check Sean Beans M16 out.
                              Does it work mounted on a big metal thing?
                              | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                                Bit more of the older school boomsticks.

Not quite finished, needs the newly fitted front end painting up.

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
                                Does it work mounted on a big metal thing?
                                Didn't McNab state after the film was released that the compass was not his idea?! I'm sure I read that somewhere after a heated debate about it a few years ago, due to the fact that US Soldiers are taught to move their weapon away from the compass while navigating in one of their pamphlets? I'm trying to remember where I saw it.

Looks cool though, the M16 that is!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
                                Working...
                                X