X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

If you love it on that forum and others go bum them as most do

And I can reply however I like as people always read it when reply anyway or either pm a few of us

And the guides on the other forums are just as bad

So don't try to tell people how to give advice about stuff they know about

Comment

Originally posted by jordan245 View Post
      Tried both ways, just seems to be really tight.
      Hey mate.

I have had countless issues trying to get the end caps off.

In the end I have had to put at least two outer barrels in a vice and use pliers. i would suggest being as careful as possible, using some rag or rubber in the pliers, or whatever you have lying around that seems to make sense.

The short answer is that you're not doing anything wrong, they are just a bugger. If you have one of the ends with two little holes then try needle nose pliers.
      Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Hi Just a quick one on removing the cylinder head from the cylinder.

Remember the TM VSR has a screw in the side of the cylinder that holds the cylinder head in place. This needs to be drilled out first.

After doing this I find the cylinder and head separate ok with a bit of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
          If you love it on that forum and others go bum them as most do

And I can reply however I like as people always read it when reply anyway or either pm a few of us

And the guides on the other forums are just as bad

So don't try to tell people how to give advice about stuff they know about
          Guard, please don't be angry as i'm not trying to be funny or trying to tell you what to do. It's just some of the advice in this thread is terrible, and it's coming from many different users - and there are new members who are going to read it and make ill-informed decisions.

Comment

Let's not rip apart my upgrade thread here guys. If you think someone is wrong, don't go too hard on them, simply suggest what you think and discuss giving reason etc... It may be a longer way around things, but this is meant to be a friendly forum, and I did not design this thread for a slugging match.

(Not aimed at either of you two)

Waltherface - Use some spacers (Laylax make some or make your own), get a new spring, or slightly stretch out the old one (VERY carefully and precisely). Also, you could electric tape wrap 5mm of the end of the spring that goes inside the piston (that would reduce the spring sound etc).
            Last edited by mj23lj; 14 June, 2010, 23:22.
            Trader Feedback:
            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

TaylorB- wasn't getting at you mate, it just alex myself any a few others on here get lost and forget the upgrades as there are soo many on the market now, if my info is incorrect im sorry, i not tweaked my vsr in over a year as it perfect for my style, im getting annoyed as are many others that are new to the sport saying it all about FPS and saying you dont need this and that to improve it , then when it breaks they make a thread a day about it, they cant do the research they should be banned from the rifle :p
              sorry if i came across to yourself a miserable man .

also most the l96 threads are my forte now as i know the rifle inside and out,

mj23lj , it nice your back online mate , hope your break was well enjoyed ....

Comment

Wondering if anyone could help
                I've recently upgraded my vsr with the full laylax monty, tested it with a barrel i previously had in there, and it was working great. I then swapped the barrel for the laylax one and now i find that when i cock it with a loaded magazine in and go to push the bolt forward, It doesn't seem to go all the way forward. However it's enough for me to push the bolt handle into its normal(so it looks right but obviously functionally not right) position and pull the trigger a tiny bit but not enough for it to fire. I then have to push the bolt in a tiny bit more for me to pull the trigger the rest of the way and fire.
                It didn't do this before the new barrel was installed and doesn't seem to do this with the stock spring(currently running a laylax 150) and doesn't do it when there is no magazine. Brand new sears, and the like. Ive wrapped the bolt handle 'bit'(sorry brain fart for the proper name) with ptfe tape to make it more stable, and the stock has been filled with expanding foam and polyfiller, although i have checked this over to make sure this isn't causing it. The barrel and hop rubber is definitely installed correctly. These are the only things that i think may have something to do with it. Just wondered if anyone could give a possible solution to this.

Comment

whoe dude new para graph's please :p

so basically , your able to pull the bolt back and re cycle it to its start posistion very easy with the old barrel.

when install the laylax barrel you can cylce the bolt out to cock it , but when re cycling to load bb it sticks out a tiny bit but your still able to let the cocking handle rest in its start posistion ...

Comment

Spot on mate, seen this before?

Comment

Originally posted by diola383 View Post
                      Spot on mate, seen this before?
                      I've had this issue before, I think I worked out what it was, but I have now forgotten - perhaps because it wasn't a big issue.

If I remember correctly, i just stripped the gun down and put it back together correctly.

Not a lot of use, sorry mate, but a rebuild might be your answer.

edit - in fact I believe my issue was because the outer barrel hadn't been screwed in enough, it needed one more turn before i fixed it with the screw. Strip your rifle and make sure your cylinder head is tight enough and that you outer barrel is screwed in enough, and that everything else is in properly. Essentially it's an issue with the dimensions being off.
                      Last edited by Taylorb; 22 June, 2010, 14:38. Reason: Written hastily - cba with grammar

Comment

have you made sure that you have the correct length cyclinder head ,

place it side by side to the old one to check they are the same height , as this may be causing it to stick once it goes into the chamber of the hop unit ,

and also check as taylor said the outer barrel is tightened to the desired tightness ( no puns please )

and maybe also check that the hop unit hasn't shifted forwards or the triger unit is seated correctly

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                          have you made sure that you have the correct length cyclinder head ,

place it side by side to the old one to check they are the same height , as this may be causing it to stick once it goes into the chamber of the hop unit ,

and also check as taylor said the outer barrel is tightened to the desired tightness ( no puns please )

and maybe also check that the hop unit hasn't shifted forwards or the triger unit is seated correctly
                          Yeah, as guard said, essentially it just sounds like some of your parts aren't aligned correctly.

It could be any part in the whole bolt/trigger/hop combo to be honest, something isn't right that's for sure.

Although as long as your cylinder head is made for a vsr, no matter the company it should still work. Maybe it's really right on the hop rubber, or maybe your rubber is out of place and twisted and getting in the way. Which would explain you being able to push the bolt all the way forward with force, as it would be just you squishing the rubber.

Comment

Hi guys,

Where do you get "Noobies" modification parts from, do you get them directly from him and shipped from the US or is there a site in the Uk that supplies them?

Thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

Directly from him. Very good parts too. He's just opened up a new site shop, with all his bits on mate. Shipping is about $26.
                              Unfortunately he has a life() so most of the parts are out of stock until he finishes his next batch... He updates his progress of batches on another forum, named after something the French used to love doing(retreating), so keep an eye out for that. He's a really friendly guy though so if you need to ask him anything, do.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Nice one, thank you lol at the french
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X