X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper Upgrades (based on a VSR) and Further Guide

thankyou

just need someone to buy my pistol and l96 then i can start buying the parts

Comment

i really cant decide what inner barell to buy for mu marui vsr, i used to be a user of marui's own enhanced chamber and barell, and on sgm .29 rounds it was very good (although haveing never fired any others id have no point of reference to what good is)

i cant pelieve PDI would recommend there 6.08 and 6.04 inner barells, you would think that there 6.01 would be the best.

can anyone reccomend me a barell? ideally 430mm long but dont mind if it is longer if it is more accurate.
      is there anything that might WOW me after my years of useing the marui unit?
      will be shooting sgm .29 rds and have full laylax ugrades on pss10 150% spring/red piston etc

many thanks
      -steve

Comment

I bought a pdi 6.01 and the leaflet that came with it said the 6.01 was for power and the 6.04 was for accuracy, think its because of the cushion of air that gets around the bb keeps it on a straighter path?

Originally posted by Metalbody
        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

brilliant guide and real useful information

i have a quick question regarding outer bull barrels: il be getting a vsr pro and wanted to run a longer g-spec barrel, i have looked for information on this and found a barrel for about £60 quid, but it also said id need another barrel part for around another £60 (sorry, the part name slips my mind)

anyway, is there any companys that just do a standard pro length bull barrel? i basicly just want a longer g-spec so that i can add a lot of spacers, plus i prefer the look

also, assuming i run a silencer, should getting a longer inner tightbore barrel be a consideration... i assume a longer barrel would improve accuracy/consitency and the longer protruding end would be hidden by the silencer

so i would like suggestions on a longer bull barrel (long g-spec style) and wether getting an even longer inner barrel would have a noticeable advantage?

thankyou in advance and kind regards, parker

Comment

That's an awful lot of questions, with quite some messy terminology.
            By, "a longer g-spec barrel", I assume you mean a bull barrel. So yes, there is a company that makes a bull barrel. PDI. Which is probably what you're talking about with the 2 barrel parts. The bull barrel, and the bull barrel base. You'd also need a bull barrel end cap if you're running a pro sniper outer barrel at the moment. I'd recommend it anyway, because sticking a silencer on a gun that length, is silly. You can get it quite enough not to be heard at 30m (minimum engagement distance) anyway.
            If you've got a good barrel in it right now, I wouldn't bother putting another longer one in there. The standard length one (470) is plenty good enough. After about 500mm, it's been found that accuracy starts to suffer for the trade off of extra power.
            I think, there may be a deepfire one piece outer barrel available. Or there's the Laylax 555mm lightweight outer barrel, which costs more than the whole PDI set up does. The PDI set up does make the gun very front heavy though. So you'd want to counter balance with chocks of wood, or a lump of lead.

If you do have a barrel sticking into a silencer, you'd want to support the barrel best as possible. Wobbly ends of barrels throw shots off pretty bad, when you get to about 40m+.

If you do get the PDI barrel, also remember to get their specific bull barrel spacers. Which are smaller on the outside than regular G-spec barrel spacers. The bull barrel isn't just a thin walled tube, the wall is about 15mm thick, hence the weight mentioned earlier.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

EDIT: sorry, double post
              Last edited by parkerfresh; 10 October, 2010, 23:33. Reason: double post

Comment

Thankyou for the response... il be getting an internaly standard vsr 10 real shock through the post soon. It is the pro version (not aware if tm do a gspec real shock?) and has a silencer fitted by the previous owner. As its the real shock, i assume the silencer is functional as those rifles make a tad more noise? (im no expert)

Now for a question i checked out the pdi bull barrel set, they all require the base barrel, so i just have to decide on length. I had an idea to get the longest barrel they do and internaly silence it... would this be a bad idea, as in theory it sounds like a good idea?

Also, are there any problems youre aware of regarding the pdi bull barrel being in 2 parts? What tightbore would u recommend (length and width) that has a good ballance of accuracy and power?

Sorry for the questions, but youre knowledge is genuinely appreciated

Comment

i had a laylax or PDI 6.03 or .04 in mine and worked perfectly with the stock hop.

ended up with a 500fps (sold now) firing at 80 metres or so easily hitting body targets.

Comment

Can you remember what length you had? I think im going to go with pdi for most upgrades... altho i have heard only good things about edgi barrels, il look into it... its the length/bore ratio im worried about

Comment

You wont have the space inside the barrel to internally silence it. Like I said, it's got a very thick wall. You just wont fit any useful amount of foam in it. I'd just recommend you get the normal length one. Not the super long one, and if you need to, stick the silencer on the end. But even then it'll seem a bit long. Wouldn't bother with the short one, as you'd probably then be running the barrel into the silencer, which isn't easy for disassembly and doesn't help accuracy. The longer inner barrel length just isn't necessary, and the weight of the outer is a drag. So, normal length bull barrel, with a 470mm PDI or Laylax barrel for VSR. So 6.05 or a 6.04. Those 2 are cheap solid bets. You can play around with the 6.04 or 6.08 if you have the money, but I wouldn't bother with the 6.01.

If you want a quiet VSR, you don't necessarily need a silencer. Perfect the compression in all areas, and use heavy ammo, and you'll get a damn quiet gun with that barrel length. Damper cylinder heads can help, and keep the air break on the piston as well.
                      sigpic
                      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Does anyone know what PDI spring is equivalent to the Laylax 130 as I can't find the 130 anywhere at all. Or if you know where they are in stock somewhere then please pm me. Also which size would I need to get to fit a Laylax spring guide?

Many thanks,
                        George

Comment

thanks dope, i guess you are right... that long bull barrel might be a bit ott il be getting the 'real shock' vsr (pre-owned) through the post any day now, it already has a silencer fitted but i think the noise on those bad boys comes from the air brake, i dont think they have the 'nozzle' and have extra weight for more realism lmao

i plan to strip it down and replace most parts and mainly use it as a target rifle and swich to a lower powered spring for the odd game/skirmish as my local club has a 500fps limit on rifles (or just build a non hot rifle from the bits that i upgrade?)

anyway, thanks for your help on the outer/inner barrel choice... i think i might try an edgi as ive heard amazing things and would rather pay that little extra for better quality.

also, very interested in the noobies m trigger, that guy seems to know his stuff and his guides are amazing, so yeah, would like to give one of them a go... does anyone have any experience with the noobie trigger system?

Comment

Hello, sorry to dig up an old thread, I'm currently upgrading my VSR, I have a red PSS10 piston, and an M145, I plan on getting a PSS10 inner barrel, can I use a PDI Sear set?

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Will have to see if the sear set is a 90degree catching edge

But you should be able to use them with a red hpi pison mate

Comment

Hi guys, love this thread and now I'm in need of help :S

I am upgrading my VSR with full PDI internals but now I want to swap out the regular external barrel for a fluted bull barrel but I cannot find one which is the same length as the VSR Pro Sniper, only a longer one and I don't want that long an inner barrel. Can anyone help me?
                                WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                                Working...
                                X