Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indirect fire - blind firing?

All this talk about real life units!
    If you saw a vid of a royal marine blind firing would it instantly be allowed by. Site owners?
    Yeah though I walk in the valley in the shadow of death.
    I shall fear NO evil.
    For I am the biggest, baddest, meanest mother F***er in the vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
      Also @ Scifi and rich, why you are sticking your heads over barricades in the first place? This is just bad tactics and not very clever knowing there's a good chance someone could be on the other side waiting for you especially if your site has no minimum engagement distance, if you did get hit doing this you could hardly blame the other person.
      It was a barricade around a bunker we where attacking, there was a minimum engagment distance and I was not going to blind fire over it, my point was if he had blind fired from from his position then it could have hurt someone rather than waiting until actually saw my head and used a bang kill.

Comment

I think at the end of the day you have to realise were Airsofters not the friggin' artillery brigade TKOS!
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
          @ Shogun, How about at woodland site's where there may be a lot of ferns ect, are you guy's seriously saying that if I stand up, fire at you then sit back down in the fern's out of site that you shouldn't be able to "blind fire" at the spot you know I am in simply because you cant see me?
          Interesting point. But as you've stood up, you've allowed me to see whether you're wearing your specs. So assuming when you stood up you had your specs on, I'd obviously proceed to nail that bush with extreme prejudice.

But yeah, I get what you mean.

See, I'm not keen on the idea of firing over the wall (as suggested at the beginning of the thread), but I'm not sure I'd object to lobbing a pea grenade over said wall. Good topic this.

Comment

i completely disagree with this being accepted, the ieda of the "blind fire" rule is to stop anyone being shot in the face from stupidly small ranges. Go back and look at the diagram, how do you know that someone hasn't crawled up to the barracade and going to pop their head up as soon as you fire?? You don't.

If you don't have a direct line of sight to where you are shooting then ANYTHING or ANYONE could be in the way, and a lot closer than you may think. It is a cool idea, but it could lead to injuries.
            TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
            Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Originally posted by bushmonkey View Post
              i completely disagree with this being accepted, the ieda of the "blind fire" rule is to stop anyone being shot in the face from stupidly small ranges. Go back and look at the diagram, how do you know that someone hasn't crawled up to the barracade and going to pop their head up as soon as you fire?? You don't.
              I do. Presumably I've just looked out at my enemy's position to vaguely aim, and thus I'm assuming they can't crawl 50 odd feet in the time it takes for me to lie back and pull a trigger.

And @Nun-chuck, why not? "Call in air support!" Kaboom!

Comment

A mate of mine got half a P90 highcap blind-fired into his head when he was sitting in a bunker at phoenix woodland a few years back... opened his head right up. TKOS' moscart idea I think has some merit but blind firing AEGs is a no no, end of.

Comment

In reflection to my previous statement

I believe Frags are fine behind cover, but AEG's etc are a no go.
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                    A mate of mine got half a P90 highcap blind-fired into his head when he was sitting in a bunker at phoenix woodland a few years back... opened his head right up. TKOS' moscart idea I think has some merit but blind firing AEGs is a no no, end of.

I completely agree. Prehaps I should have said first post that I am completely against the "sticking you gun round a corner" blind firing.

Comment

At the site I play at, blind fire is allowed. But then again rules are strict on face protection. Hardly anyone plays without full face protection and if caught with out your face mask then its an automatic 2mins dead time and a stern warning.

Anyway blind fire is fine. I dont use it my self, but as its single shot inside anyway people can blind fire all they want. I my self use it to my advantage. Theirs been a few times people have blind fired round the corner towards me but due to being pressed up against a wall they have missed. Before they know whats happened ive grabbed their arm and dragged them round a corner and shot them. Easy kills.
                      TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                      Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                      Maruzen APS Type 96
                      TM P226, Tac Master .
                      WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                      KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

A full face mask wont save anyone from serious injury.

I've been shot in the neck and chest before at point blank range due to blind firing. It hurt a hell of a lot and broke the skin with ease, the skin on part of my neck was shredded and I lost alot of blood and that was just with a gas pistol on full auto firing 250.
                        I had to sit out an entire day with a bandage round my neck.
                        The guilty party was dragged off the field and thrown off site, mostly so I wasn't able to do them an injury...

The face isn't the only vunerable part of the body.

And if anyone ever grabbed my arm, dragged me round a corner and shot me.. I wouldn't be best pleased...
                        What site is this site you play at?
                        So I know to avoid it in future.

Aggressive physical contact?
                        Blind firing allowed?

No thanks.

Comment

its mostly the eye protection point, to see if somebody hasnt taken their glasses off

it isnt really so black and white as you all make it

if you use your common sense then it really shouldn't affect you at all
                          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Sorry shadow, I totally agree with you but:

Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire View Post
                              The face isn't the only vunerable part of the body.

And if anyone ever grabbed my arm, dragged me round a corner and shot me.. I wouldn't be best pleased...
                              What site is this site you play at?
                              So I know to avoid it in future.

Aggressive physical contact?
                              Blind firing allowed?

No thanks.
                              Aggressive physical contact?? Im pulling someone round a corner. Not punching them in the face. I dont do surrenders due to the fact, that person might not take it and shoot me. At least if I shoot them then I know there is no chance of them shooting me. I pull them in to view as if I shove my gun round im as bad as them. If I run round im more likely going to get shot. No one on site has complained as most people on my local site know me and know I mean no harm. If I can ill take the shot on someones arm with out the need to pull them in to view then I will.

I dont see anything wrong with blind fire. You can do it in real life, why not in airsoft. I dont do it, as I dont see much point. If I see someone doing it then I know there pinned and I have a chance to move in on them.

But then what would you say if you've just secured an objective and your giving it the legs back to your base, I have no issues with running while firing my pistol behind me. Im not aiming as im looking forward. Ill take a glance backwards so that im firing in at least the right direction. Im just trying to slow anyone trying to give chase.
                              TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                              Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                              Maruzen APS Type 96
                              TM P226, Tac Master .
                              WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                              KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
                                You can do it in real life, why not in airsoft.
                                Because in real life you're actively trying to kill people, were as in airsoft you tend to want to avoid injury as much as possible.

Honestly, that's as retarded as saying "they use bullets in real life, why not in airsoft?"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X